Came back to the V20 from the S8

niteryder

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I used my sons upgrade a couple months ago when the s8 came out. Well, the quality control has been slipping for Samsung. I had replaced it once and it has been back to Samsung twice now. So, when the phone came back the second time, I told me son we are swapping phones. He was excited, and so was I.

The V20 is still a awesome phone. I know many of us get caught up in the phone spec wars and need the best of the best. The V20 is still no slouch. The S8 fingerprint scanner is all wrong, the curved screen is silly (good luck with screen protectors), it gets hot and I like I mentioned the quality control is slipping. The list could go on..

Anyway, I just wanted to vent. I see a number of people saying they are going to upgrade. I have had most phones out, and the V20 is still awesome. My son has the Note 8, I still like the V20 over that.

Anyway, this was just a friendly PSA.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
What aspects of build quality are you referring to other than heat?Ex Samsung Note owner and current V20 user here and don't plan on changing to anything else anytime soon since nothing has removable batteries anymore.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
speaking of screen protectors, thats one big reason i'm staying with the v20. i love tempered glass protectors, and they never work right on curved phones.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
speaking of screen protectors, thats one big reason i'm staying with the v20. i love tempered glass protectors, and they never work right on curved phones.
The V20 screen curves at the top and the bottom and there is not a good tempered glass screen protector for it. I currently have a Cellet but here is a previous review I did of a Zizo.

https://youtu.be/dsf2Gee7pa4

niteryder

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
What aspects of build quality are you referring to other than heat?Ex Samsung Note owner and current V20 user here and don't plan on changing to anything else anytime soon since nothing has removable batteries anymore.

I returned the phone to Verizon the first time due to no service. New phone.

I sent the phone into Samsung the first time due to a large discolored blob on the screen. New phone.

I sent the phone into Samsung a second time because the back of the phone pulled apart from the rest of the phone. They "repaired it".

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I returned the phone to Verizon the first time due to no service. New phone.

I sent the phone into Samsung the first time due to a large discolored blob on the screen. New phone.

I sent the phone into Samsung a second time because the back of the phone pulled apart from the rest of the phone. They "repaired it".
My last Samsung which was a $950 Note Edge started lagging and freezing I sent in to Samsung twice for repair. They replaced the main board and the display. When it started doing it a third time, I traded it in to AT&T to get a V10.