While the HTC u11 is a really great phone, it's just not better overall than the v20..

This โ˜Ž is a beast.

I've put the u11 through a gruelling couple of months and it's certainly held up nicely,but has some real peculiarities you have to contend with. At least mine has.

We all know the extra features this phone has over every other phone available so I won't rehash all of that, but it is really a comfort having everything great it offers meaning piece of mind again.

Time to get it all setup again and just enjoy it...

Mac
    Laura Knotek and christianttt like this.
    09-14-2017 05:58 PM
    I'm glad you got your V20 back. What are your favourite features of the V20?
    09-14-2017 06:07 PM
    WoW..

Let's see

Removable battery for starters...I've got 3 extras btw.

A awesome FM radio...I'm really old school on this..

Screen sharing with my LG oled big screen in my HT.

Speaking of screens..it's nice flat screen and ability to have a easy application of a tempered glass screen protector..

The IR blaster
    The second screen
    It's bigger screen

And yes it's headphone jack, not only for it's wonderful amp/dac combo but being able to utilize the fm radio..

I have seen plenty of bashing of the UI, but it works well and I've always used Nova Prime.

This may sound strange but it is comfortably large..you know when you are holding it..and it doesn't feel like it can break real easy..

There are lots of other little things too..but it just feels right, and I never got this completely with the u11...

I know this phone isn't perfect, but all of those things mentioned above more than make up for the few things the v20 needs.

Mac
    Laura Knotek and Shuckster like this.
    09-14-2017 06:26 PM
    There are a quite a few little things that really stand out on this phone that matter actually.

I dropped my phone this morning and totally freeked out till I realized that it didn't have a glass back like my u11 had. I didn't have it in the case yet and fell flat on it's back from 3 feet up onto a tile floor. The camera glass was OK and no scratches on it..

The speaker is vastly improved over my first v20. Side by side with my u11 on speaker phone my v20 is actually better. Music goes to the u11 but not by much.. and that is frigging amazing. I guess I got one the way all of them should have been.

Light bleeding from the second screen is there but very very minimal and hardly noticeable in a pitch black room.

The second display I really did miss BTW as well as what I mentioned earlier.

When I think about it.. It's all about the little things that make me feel better about using this phone and not having to stress over running out of juice or freeking out every time I drop it.

While the u11 is a great phone when everything is added up this v20 is a clear winner for me.

I can't but wonder how folks will feel in 6 months with a sealed glass backed V30 coming from this one . Sure they will say everything is fine, but I know that unconsciously their going to be just like I was with the u11 reaching for their spare batteries and freeking out if they drop it..

I think I will pick up a spare v20 soon because I think I have a good idea that these will be a good investment for future use.

Mac
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2017 12:30 PM
    3 weeks in and enjoying it more every day.

Mac
    10-08-2017 07:28 PM
    While the HTC u11 is a really great phone, it's just not better overall than the v20..

This โ˜Ž is a beast.

I've put the u11 through a gruelling couple of months and it's certainly held up nicely,but has some real peculiarities you have to contend with. At least mine has.

We all know the extra features this phone has over every other phone available so I won't rehash all of that, but it is really a comfort having everything great it offers meaning piece of mind again.

Time to get it all setup again and just enjoy it...

Mac
    Nice to have you back. I also left the V20 briefly and immediately got it back after a week. This phone just serves me so well. This phone will definitely age well and will last longer than any current smartphone.
    10-14-2017 10:57 AM
    WoW..

Let's see

Removable battery for starters...I've got 3 extras btw.

A awesome FM radio...I'm really old school on this..

Screen sharing with my LG oled big screen in my HT.

Speaking of screens..it's nice flat screen and ability to have a easy application of a tempered glass screen protector..

The IR blaster
    The second screen
    It's bigger screen

And yes it's headphone jack, not only for it's wonderful amp/dac combo but being able to utilize the fm radio..

I have seen plenty of bashing of the UI, but it works well and I've always used Nova Prime.

This may sound strange but it is comfortably large..you know when you are holding it..and it doesn't feel like it can break real easy..

There are lots of other little things too..but it just feels right, and I never got this completely with the u11...

I know this phone isn't perfect, but all of those things mentioned above more than make up for the few things the v20 needs.

Mac
    Perfectly described! My V20 took several accidental tumbles and survived, I'm not really worried because it's a metal phone. Yes, this phone does have some flaws, but like you said, there are so many benefits that it makes up for them. I honestly think the camera looks great, I really do notice the difference with 12MP and 16MP (use pinch to zoom on a photo and you can see it, distant objects will look blurry). Low light quality and focus speed isn't great, but manual mode helps solves that problem.
    10-14-2017 11:01 AM
    Nice to have you back. I also left the V20 briefly and immediately got it back after a week. This phone just serves me so well. This phone will definitely age well and will last longer than any current smartphone.
    What did you use in that week you were gone?
    10-14-2017 01:57 PM
    2 months solid use and still loving it..

I am truly amazed at how this phone just works for me.

I paid full price for it ($650) and I sidelined my HTC u11 back in the box and haven't once regretted it.

To me this phone is worth every penny and is better than anything else available out right now.

Sure it ain't waterproof (what phones really are?) it doesn't have a Amoled screen... (big deal) and I am sure glad that it doesn't to be honest because it doesn't suffer the same fate that the v30 or pixel 2xl has.

I wonder if any there is catching heat from what is happening with their P-OLED screens..

Well back to watching my movies and grooving on the sound.... hehe. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Mac
    10-30-2017 06:40 PM