Yep, screen retention. Very faint right now, but just noticed again today. This sucks. A lot. I wonder what they will do since I have gotten it 2 phones in a row. Any ideas as to what Verizon might do other than a warranty return for another one? Anyone else noticing it more now? Thanks
    09-17-2017 06:28 PM
    And by the way, this V20 I have only had for 1 1/2 months.
    09-17-2017 07:12 PM
    Maybe you can ask for a different phone?
    09-18-2017 02:04 AM
    Maybe you can ask for a different phone?
    Yeah, I was hoping I could do that, I sent an angry email to LG about getting a replacement or my money I have paid on it, so far, back. If anything, the replacement I would want from them would be the V30, but I'm on monthly payments for my phone right now, so I don't know how this will all work.
    09-18-2017 05:43 AM
    Yeah, I was hoping I could do that, I sent an angry email to LG about getting a replacement or my money I have paid on it, so far, back. If anything, the replacement I would want from them would be the V30, but I'm on monthly payments for my phone right now, so I don't know how this will all work.
    I would be extremely amazed if they allowed you to swap for V30.
    Joshua_Muldoon likes this.
    09-18-2017 06:52 AM
    They won't give you a V30. As a matter of fact, LG won't do **** because their customer service is ****. Your carrier might at least let you swap it for an equivalent phone.
    Joshua_Muldoon likes this.
    09-18-2017 09:10 AM
    I hope that equivalent phone would be from this year, because I really wouldn't want to be moving to an S7 or G5. Do you know what might be considered an "equivalent phone." Thanks again
    09-18-2017 10:01 AM
    They won't give you a V30. As a matter of fact, LG won't do **** because their customer service is ****. Your carrier might at least let you swap it for an equivalent phone.
    Carrier is Verizon as well.
    09-18-2017 10:10 AM
    Carrier is Verizon as well.
    Probably just give you another V20
    09-18-2017 12:15 PM
    Probably just give you another V20
    Darn! I can't take another one of those. I love the phone a lot, but my usage just seems to mess up the screen, and also because of LG's poor screen quality. That is the only issue I have had with this phone. And I would like to upgrade this year, particularly​ this fall, to either the Note 8, S8+, Pixel XL 2 or the V30.
    moldyeye likes this.
    09-18-2017 01:34 PM
    Darn! I can't take another one of those. I love the phone a lot, but my usage just seems to mess up the screen, and also because of LG's poor screen quality. That is the only issue I have had with this phone. And I would like to upgrade this year, particularly​ this fall, to either the Note 8, S8+, Pixel XL 2 or the V30.
    Well you can certainly try, however based on your list they will probably just assume you are hitting them up for an upgrade. Don't let my thoughts stop you from trying though.
    09-18-2017 01:42 PM
    Well you can certainly try, however based on your list they will probably just assume you are hitting them up for an upgrade. Don't let my thoughts stop you from trying though.
    Oh, ok thanks. I'm not just trying to hit them up for an upgrade, but you're right, they will probably think that. I just don't want to have to get another V20 every 2 months, and I want a new phone anyways. I either want my money back or an actual NEW phone where the screen hasn't been used. A refund would be better, since I could get my money back and probably buy the Note 8, with buying a used iPhone 5 and trading it in. But, I doubt they would let me do that either. Not sure what to do yet. I'll probably have a chat with them tonight online.
    09-18-2017 01:56 PM
    Verizon is a stickler when it comes to warranty claims. Generally speaking, if they have refurbs available, that's what you'll get. If none are available, then you'll get a new one of the same model. Only if there are no refurb or new phones available will they let you move to another model. It would take a rather extenuating circumstance to move to another model with a warranty claim.

I've been there before.
    09-18-2017 05:58 PM
    Verizon is a stickler when it comes to warranty claims. Generally speaking, if they have refurbs available, that's what you'll get. If none are available, then you'll get a new one of the same model. Only if there are no refurb or new phones available will they let you move to another model. It would take a rather extenuating circumstance to move to another model with a warranty claim.

I've been there before.
    They did the right thing by me going back. I had a month left on my contract and an update bricked my Droid X. They offered to give me an X2 refurbished even though I was way out warranty. Somehow I ended up with a new one.
    09-18-2017 06:09 PM
    I had a V20 and loved their screen and not sure what you mean by "your usage" but what makes you think it wouldn't happen to any phone you use? You make it sound like you're hard on them and thats what causes the leakage. My lens cover on my V20 shattered after only 2 days, LG rep was going to replace the phone but his boss said no. Took them 6 months to make the part available and it cost me $70 bucks to fix it and I went straight in used my JOD for the S8+
    09-19-2017 09:15 AM
    09-19-2017 09:53 AM