Verizon update inbound

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm just glad we finally got BlueBorne protection. Android O? Since V30 comes with N might be quite a wait. From what I have read Pixel and Nexus users didn't like it anyway.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm just glad we finally got BlueBorne protection. Android O? Since V30 comes with N might be quite a wait. From what I have read Pixel and Nexus users didn't like it anyway.
I still stick by my mantra that every update is better than the next.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you really believe that and has it always been true iye? If it's always in another newer phone I'd agree but I've often found new os in older phone sucks.
More often than not, features I use and like have been hindered, if not removed with version updates. Or cause bugs to appear. The latest one being an update to Chrome that handicaps bookmark handling quite a bit and tries forcing spam on the new tab page. I can no longer roll it back to the version before those changes because it got a hard update with one of the system updates.

I'm not so much opposed to security updates, but even those have had other, non-security related changes made. The Chrome example I mentioned was changed with one of the security updates if I'm not mistaken.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Your experiences match mine. Many users act. like getting an os update is a panacea. It usually causes more problems than solutions.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
That's why I think the V20 worked so well with N because it was created to have it. I never update my phone to the next one unless I have to. It always seems to show the phone down.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Only difference I noticed on AT&T was it wanted me to turn WiFi calling on, which when horribly wrong the last time I tried it out.

LonelyTylenoL

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
This security update was downloaded to my V20 by VerizonWireless via cellular connection automatically, without asking.

I got over to a wi-fi connection and installed the update. Took exactly 7 minutes to get the message:

You're all set!
You phone has been updated.

This is a 2nd hand phone I activated two weeks ago which I had to do a factory data reset on. Not much on it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'd like to roll back this update plzkthnx.

I've had nothing but problems with Bluetooth since this "fix." I've had to reboot my phone 3 times today alone to get my Bluetooth to reset and connect to my devices again. The last time was when I was actively streaming audio and everything just disconnected. The icon showed Bluetooth active, but I couldn't get my headset and stereo to reconnect until after the reboot.

I've also been having a weird Wi-Fi issue where I go to turn it off, the indicator in the pull down settings shows off, but I still get a Wi-Fi available notice and it even connects still. When I go into the main Wi-Fi settings, I'll see the slider still on (yes, even with the drop down with setting off). So I shut it off a second time and I still get active Wi-Fi connections. So again, I have to reboot to get the Wi-Fi to actually turn off.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'd like to roll back this update plzkthnx.

I've had nothing but problems with Bluetooth since this "fix." I've had to reboot my phone 3 times today alone to get my Bluetooth to reset and connect to my devices again. The last time was when I was actively streaming audio and everything just disconnected. The icon showed Bluetooth active, but I couldn't get my headset and stereo to reconnect until after the reboot.

I've also been having a weird Wi-Fi issue where I go to turn it off, the indicator in the pull down settings shows off, but I still get a Wi-Fi available notice and it even connects still. When I go into the main Wi-Fi settings, I'll see the slider still on (yes, even with the drop down with setting off). So I shut it off a second time and I still get active Wi-Fi connections. So again, I have to reboot to get the Wi-Fi to actually turn off.
I never had this problem. Hope the newest update today (17A) doesn't create any problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie