I'm still glad I have the V20

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm still glad I have this v20.

I've looked at the new phones out, played with quite a few, and watched what others had said about them and I've really not impressed with anything out today.

The new form factor leaves me cold, just as much as any curved screen or glass backs.

I understand why LG is going this route but totally disagree with it.

In truth I miss my v10's design, it's sturdy build and stainless steel edges and wished my v20 was in it's frame but that is just my opinion.

Mac

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I am still glad too. I do not want a phone that is any larger than the V20. I am spoiled by the replaceable battery and the second screen. On Sat night, I was at the Bruce Springsteen on Broadway show and they asked us to turn off our phones so there would not be any visible or audible interruptions. I just put mine on vibrate and by looking at the second screen, I was able to tell what time it was during the concert without a glare that would bother anyone.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't know what you all paid for your V20s but buying one now for $330 for a brand new phone or a little less versus $900, ( with the extra sales tax at least in Florida) + for one of the newer phones, what are those new phones giving you that's worth $450 or more? plus you need to have more insurance because now you're talking about $900 investment or $1,000 investment and I would think the v20 is very close to the abilities of the Note 8 or the iPhone 8. if it's a little less then you just have to make up your mind if you have to have the best best best given all the sadness if something happens to it. I just had my Note 4 fixed. the phone is fine and if it wasn't going to work I was going to buy a v20 because I wanted to stay with multiple batteries because I believe that with all the location service accesses by so many programs the phones heat up battery blows up and eventually explodes because it's in a contained space. I don't know what Samsung has done to change the way location services is used all I know is when it's on my phone is hot as hell. same is true for the V 30, I wonder what the word is on that phone.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am a v10 bootloop hell survivor. I tried to go note 7 but I ended up with a iPhone 7. I'm eligible for an upgrade but I went a different route. I just bought a v20 off Swappa. After a lot of research and almost pulling the plug on an s8+ I went to Swappa. I really missed the size, OS, and the removable battery. I'm really looking forward to getting the best phone for me.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I am a v10 bootloop hell survivor. I tried to go note 7 but I ended up with a iPhone 7. I'm eligible for an upgrade but I went a different route. I just bought a v20 off Swappa. After a lot of research and almost pulling the plug on an s8+ I went to Swappa. I really missed the size, OS, and the removable battery. I'm really looking forward to getting the best phone for me.

Awesome, hope you love it

otis stansberry

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the v10 and the v20 since they came out and knock on wood I still haven't had any bootload issues or anything else......Just two great phones period.....I see nothing out there right now that would make me give theses phones up!!!!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
The beauty of this phone is that it just does everything really well and has all of the features we've grown to love.

Is it bezeless.. Nope it doesn't need to
be to satisfy my needs. Does it have some weird aspect ratio for it's display.. Nope and I am thankful for that. Are we tied to a wall wart or have to add lots of bulk to get through the day using our phones the way we want.. Heck no..

What phone out now offers as much for as low of cost.. None as far as I can see.

Someone please tell me what the heck is up with all of this bezeless crap going on? I don't get it.. These devices aren't something that hangs on the wall or on a table mount.. We carry them around, banging and dropping them all the time.. and why would anyone want to use some weird aspect ratio that you have to resort back to letterboxing on the display?

This is just lame IMHO.

I mean these companies are pandering to vanity minded people and not putting their efforts into making sure that they are not building a quality product.

I honestly don't get it anymore.

And I know that vanity issues aren't just in the phone world, I see it going on everywhere.

To me it just seems that common sense has been thrown out the window these days..

Mac

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.. Ironic... I don't think that is entirely accurate...

One of my favorite movies the main character says something more unpolitically correct IMHO...

"Stupid is, as stupid does" 🤣

Mac

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The beauty of this phone is that it just does everything really well and has all of the features we've grown to love.

Is it bezeless.. Nope it doesn't need to
be to satisfy my needs. Does it have some weird aspect ratio for it's display.. Nope and I am thankful for that. Are we tied to a wall wart or have to add lots of bulk to get through the day using our phones the way we want.. Heck no..

What phone out now offers as much for as low of cost.. None as far as I can see.

Someone please tell me what the heck is up with all of this bezeless crap going on? I don't get it.. These devices aren't something that hangs on the wall or on a table mount.. We carry them around, banging and dropping them all the time.. and why would anyone want to use some weird aspect ratio that you have to resort back to letterboxing on the display?

This is just lame IMHO.

I mean these companies are pandering to vanity minded people and not putting their efforts into making sure that they are not building a quality product.

I honestly don't get it anymore.

And I know that vanity issues aren't just in the phone world, I see it going on everywhere.

To me it just seems that common sense has been thrown out the window these days..

Mac

Functionality is replaced with simplicity and beauty. The future I guess? People upgrade once a year to get the latest and greatest simply just because. It's all about the next flashy thing, which the novelty wears off pretty quickly and the cycle continues. I still enjoy FLAT screens, who in their right mind enjoys curves on their screens. OK it looks cool, but it gets annoying real quick. I hope the curved screens go out of style soon.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the v10 and the v20 since they came out and knock on wood I still haven't had any bootload issues or anything else......Just two great phones period.....I see nothing out there right now that would make me give theses phones up!!!!

The V10 and V20 rocks. Very underrated. I'm glad the V30 kept most of it's previous features besides the removal battery. LG is truly the phone for the real Android fans. Android originally stood for flexibility, functions, and features. Now, IDK what Google is doing with their Pixel series.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you all paid for your V20s but buying one now for $330 for a brand new phone or a little less versus $900, ( with the extra sales tax at least in Florida) + for one of the newer phones, what are those new phones giving you that's worth $450 or more? plus you need to have more insurance because now you're talking about $900 investment or $1,000 investment and I would think the v20 is very close to the abilities of the Note 8 or the iPhone 8. if it's a little less then you just have to make up your mind if you have to have the best best best given all the sadness if something happens to it. I just had my Note 4 fixed. the phone is fine and if it wasn't going to work I was going to buy a v20 because I wanted to stay with multiple batteries because I believe that with all the location service accesses by so many programs the phones heat up battery blows up and eventually explodes because it's in a contained space. I don't know what Samsung has done to change the way location services is used all I know is when it's on my phone is hot as hell. same is true for the V 30, I wonder what the word is on that phone.

V20 definitely worth it. It's not for everyone however. It packs so much punch. It's definitely a keeper

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The V10 was a classic. If not for the bootloop issues it really would have been a gem.

V10 was the last ray of hope for the original Android fan. Removal battery, FM tuner, IR blaster, rugged heavy duty build, non screen burn in LCD display, huge 5.7' screen, great audio, great camera.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm still glad I have this v20.

I've looked at the new phones out, played with quite a few, and watched what others had said about them and I've really not impressed with anything out today.

The new form factor leaves me cold, just as much as any curved screen or glass backs.

I understand why LG is going this route but totally disagree with it.

In truth I miss my v10's design, it's sturdy build and stainless steel edges and wished my v20 was in it's frame but that is just my opinion.

Mac

LG was pressured into making the glass curved design of the V30, otherwise they were designing excellent phones and had a great vision. Sure there were mishaps but LG is now raising the bar with the V30 and beyond. Haters gon' hate. I'm an LG user for life.

By the way the V30 still retains its military grade spec, though still not as durable as previous models.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
LG was pressured into making the glass curved design of the V30, otherwise they were designing excellent phones and had a great vision. Sure there were mishaps but LG is now raising the bar with the V30 and beyond. Haters gon' hate. I'm an LG user for life.

By the way the V30 still retains its military grade spec, though still not as durable as previous models.

Pressured by who?

LG could have taken a stand and not caved in just as easily.

They could have built a whole marketing blitz around their design instead of being just another "me too" with sealed glass backs and curved screens.

In all honesty this v20 will most likely be the last phone I have from them.

We as consumers have to show these companies our displeasure by not giving them our money, it's that simple, and I for one am very displeased.

I may not matter to them in the least, but at least I can find solace in the fact that I can spend my money wherever I choose to. Sooner or later more and more people will get fed up too, then it will start to make a difference.

Mac

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Pressured by who?

LG could have taken a stand and not caved in just as easily.

They could have built a whole marketing blitz around their design instead of being just another "me too" with sealed glass backs and curved screens.

In all honesty this v20 will most likely be the last phone I have from them.

We as consumers have to show these companies our displeasure by not giving them our money, it's that simple, and I for one am very displeased.

I may not matter to them in the least, but at least I can find solace in the fact that I can spend my money wherever I choose to. Sooner or later more and more people will get fed up too, then it will start to make a difference.

Mac

They were pressured by the market to change. If the market responds in kind with you, then they'll pressure to move back or a different direction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463