I’m interested in the V20 for its music playing abilities. I want to avoid the infamous boot loop.
    11-12-2017 07:57 AM
    The choice of model is dictated by the carrier you're going to be using.

First determine which carrier has the best signal where you need signal. (And that means at your desk, not only in the street in front of your building - a dead spot can cover as little as 2 feet, so if the phone works fine out in the street, but not at your desk, all your incoming calls go to voicemail and you have to go outside to place a call. The same thing where you live - in any room in which you want the phone to work.)

Then you choose the model for that carrier.

The V20 doesn't bootloop by itself, but any phone rooted incorrectly, or having something wrong flashed to it incorrectly, may bootloop. (I returned mine because after just a few days I grew to hate the phone, but there was nothing wrong with it technically (except that the Recowvery root no longer works).
    11-12-2017 03:46 PM
    I’m interested in the V20 for its music playing abilities. I want to avoid the infamous boot loop.
    The T-Mobile and AT&T variant has the FM tuner if you care about that, but is full of unnecessary bloatware. The unlocked version is great (US unlocked model, US986), no carrier branding plus no extra boot up splash screen. Carrier versions get more updates, but sometimes updates actually causes more issues than fixes, so I'd pick the unlocked version for that reason too, software gets left alone.

To avoid bootloop, do not allow your phone to reach extreme temperatures or use cheap knock-off USB C cables. Also, don't allow moisture to get in.
    11-14-2017 11:28 AM