Dell’s Cyber Monday in Julysaves you up to 50%!
    Hi,so I had recently noticed on my lg v20 that after going from a bright screen,if the screen was on fro a while,there would be like some sort of a 'bright shadow' where you could see the reminisence of the previously bright screen;Its usually after typing that the enter key at the bottom right corner of the screen,or the clock at the top right would have a 'shadow' like appearance.
    I would like to know- is this normal? Does it also happen on other lg v20 devices or only on mine?
    11-27-2017 04:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That sounds like image retention, which is common. It should fade over a few minutes, unless the screen has been showing the same image for a long time continuously, in which case the image could get burnt into the screen permanently.
    11-28-2017 08:18 PM
    Hi,so I had recently noticed on my lg v20 that after going from a bright screen,if the screen was on fro a while,there would be like some sort of a 'bright shadow' where you could see the reminisence of the previously bright screen;Its usually after typing that the enter key at the bottom right corner of the screen,or the clock at the top right would have a 'shadow' like appearance.
    I would like to know- is this normal? Does it also happen on other lg v20 devices or only on mine?
    Yeah it's normal. My Samsung laptop does it all the time. It's not permanent. Look up "stuck pixel fixer" on YouTube and run the video full screen for 15 minutes to refresh the pixels and next time turn down the brightness if possible.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-30-2017 08:56 PM
    Its common on V20 and a well known issue.just get used to it.no solutions yet and yeah lg told they cant help in this..
    12-03-2017 02:47 PM
    I have the same screen issues with my lg v30 plus....any solution plzzz
    1. Screen shows shadows of images on low brightness not on high brightness
    2. Screen burn images of Pubg mobile games showings Guns shadows and some others game stuff
    I m here attaching some images
    Attached Thumbnails Screen shadow-img-20190401-wa0014.jpg   Screen shadow-img-20190401-wa0013.jpg   Screen shadow-capture-_2019-04-01-13-57-17.jpg   Screen shadow-capture-_2019-04-01-13-56-10.jpg  
    04-01-2019 04:08 AM
    I have the same screen issues with my lg v30 plus....any solution plzzz
    1. Screen shows shadows of images on low brightness not on high brightness
    2. Screen burn images of Pubg mobile games showings Guns shadows and some others game stuff
    I m here attaching some images
    I commented on your original post asking about this, but something needs clarification on this thread. The V20 has an LCD screen, which can get temporary image retention for some reason. The ghost images will go away in time as long as the screen has a chance to rest.

The V30 changed to an OLED display. The ghosting you're seeing is permanent burn in due to the nature of the technology. Each pixel emits its own light (no need for a backlight, like on LCD's) and wears out over time, resulting in a dimmer display. Static images cause the pixels to wear out at an uneven rate, resulting in those shadow areas. As was said in your own thread about this, your only option is a screen replacement.
    04-01-2019 05:49 AM
    OH my GOD......I have no option for replacement, it will cost me the price of a brand new lg v30
    04-01-2019 09:04 AM