LG V20 Rear 16mp Camera is Blurry

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
About two months ago my rear camera glass shattered so finally last week I replaced it. I also bought a new 16mp camera and installed it at the same time because the camera was blurry. The camera is still blurry and it won't focus, even in the manual mode. The wide angle camera is fine, which is why I'm now confused. I did a factory reset and cleared cache but it's still blurry. I just went back in and put the old 16mp camera in and it's all the same results. Has anyone had this experience?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
About two months ago my rear camera glass shattered so finally last week I replaced it. I also bought a new 16mp camera and installed it at the same time because the camera was blurry. The camera is still blurry and it won't focus, even in the manual mode. The wide angle camera is fine, which is why I'm now confused. I did a factory reset and cleared cache but it's still blurry. I just went back in and put the old 16mp camera in and it's all the same results. Has anyone had this experience?
Is there a protective plastic film over the replacement lens? Not like the glass protector that comes preinstalled.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I do not believe so, I took everything off when installing, I just tried to scratch the glass to see if anything was on it but it does not seem so. The weird thing also is that the camera was the same blurry way when there was no glass on it, as I removed all the glass when it first shattered.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

There could be some internal damage when the camera glass cracked. Could you explain how it broke? Also, where did you buy the aftermarket camera replacement? Maybe try a factory reset or try using a 3rd party camera app, could be a software issue. There might be something blocking the camera's view so it's not focusing correctly, maybe remove the glass and try carefully cleaning the lens underneath. A little tiny spec of dirt or oil could put the camera out of focus.

sarrcford

Apr 23, 2018
Visit site
I am having almost the exact issue. The rear glass broke. I have removed the old glass lens cover and thoroughly cleaned the lenses. The wide angle rear lens is fine, however, the normal rear lens will not focus. I have not yet put the new glass lens cover on. I am assuming it has nothing to do with it but maybe I'm wrong. The front camera works fine. Thanks all for your help!

tickerguy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
The voice-coil that drives the focus mechanism was probably damaged when the lens cover was broken. There's nothing you can realistically do about this other than replace the camera module.

Steveschwenke

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I am having almost the exact issue. The rear glass broke. I have removed the old glass lens cover and thoroughly cleaned the lenses. The wide angle rear lens is fine, however, the normal rear lens will not focus. I have not yet put the new glass lens cover on. I am assuming it has nothing to do with it but maybe I'm wrong. The front camera works fine. Thanks all for your help!

Have the exact same problem. Dropped camera and glass guard broke . I removed all glass and film and now I only get blurry pics with main camera. Wide angle is ok. Cleaned lense but hasn't changed the resolution . Still blurry. I was never that happy to begin with with the auto on this phones. My note 4 took better crisper and great action shots in auto. Not this camera. My question is does anyone know best place to get a replacement 16 mp camera that's not a generic one

parveen bhalla

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I read that loose cable might be an issue after the phone drop and camera damage. I was thinking to buy a new camera but your experince is holding me back.

Rob b3

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I had the same exact issue with my camera after I broke the glass in the back it might sound crazy but what I did was I took a tiny tiny piece of paper and stuck it on the side of the camera that goes blurry and for some reason it keeps you focused and it's small enough where it doesn't come out and it doesn't affect anything in a negative way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12