08-03-2018 05:13 PM
65 123
tools
    I don't intend to spend any more money on the V20. Eventually it will just be a universal ir blaster remote and I will want a new phone. Nothing has impressed me yet but a Note with a 4000mAh battery might do the trick.
    Are you talking about the Note 8 + a thick battery case? Or Note 4 mod? Good luck with the Note 4, those have a limited lifespan (MMC chip error). Note 8 has a weird shape: curved screen, freakishly long, very bad fingerprint scanner placement.. plus battery cases are hideous and gigantic. (Oh and don't forget screen burn in). Note 4s are cheap now, you can find them for $100 bucks.
    06-29-2018 11:47 AM
    Are you talking about the Note 8 + a thick battery case? Or Note 4 mod? Good luck with the Note 4, those have a limited lifespan (MMC chip error). Note 8 has a weird shape: curved screen, freakishly long, very bad fingerprint scanner placement.. plus battery cases are hideous and gigantic.
    Note 9 IF it has a bigger battery than the s8plus
    06-29-2018 11:48 AM
    How's your stock battery doing? I'm rotating 5 batteries so my battery experience has been awesome. Average 4-5.5 hours SOT, which is pretty good to me, back in the day I'd get 2-3 SOT or less from other phones.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc-HKv2Hhy4/

Apple is apparently slowing down phones on purpose, especially with phones that have aged batteries. A friend of mines has an iPhone that isn't all that old and complained about the update that slowed down the phone. Let's hope LG never does that to their customers!
    I had a pair of batteries for a year and SOT fell from 4.5 to 3.0-3.5.
    I just replaced a new pair and it went up to 4.5 again.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-13-2018 08:46 AM
    I find the new ones don't last as long. Maybe 6 months.
    07-13-2018 03:42 PM
    Note 9 IF it has a bigger battery than the s8plus
    Samsung purposely reduced the battery size on the Note 8 just to play it safe after the Note 7... However, they managed to get pretty decent battery life out of all the other flagships it went against..
    07-13-2018 04:20 PM
    Some "new" LG batteries might be fake.. they look real however. Also, some aftermarket batteries aren't built to the same standards. Honestly, I haven't seen any changes in battery life on my V20 yet, pretty consistent so far, average 4 - 4.5 hours screen on time (sometimes more).
    07-13-2018 04:22 PM
    Some "new" LG batteries might be fake.. they look real however. Also, some aftermarket batteries aren't built to the same standards. Honestly, I haven't seen any changes in battery life on my V20 yet, pretty consistent so far, average 4 - 4.5 hours screen on time (sometimes more).
    The one I bought direct from LG was expensive but still losing. life after 6 mos
    07-13-2018 04:38 PM
    Mine are fine, I'm rotating 3 batteries. I don't know if I want to lose that feature with the new phones.
    huntnyc, recDNA and ScottMGS like this.
    07-13-2018 06:02 PM
    I hope that they can last 6 months. That's just at the right time for me to change the new phone.
    07-13-2018 11:24 PM
    Mine are fine, I'm rotating 3 batteries. I don't know if I want to lose that feature with the new phones.
    a lot of features I would miss like ir blaster and 16 by 9 ratio but especially being able to carry an extra battery
    huntnyc likes this.
    07-13-2018 11:27 PM
    Unfortunately that's the fate and future of smartphones.. greed and changed the market and manufacturers are trying to survive.. the contest is who has the prettiest and most stylish phone.. I don't blame LG they were the last ones, it's either that or perish which is easy to do in this market. HTC and Moto are barely hanging on.. You can thank Apple for the stupid trends...
    07-16-2018 09:41 AM
    The one I bought direct from LG was expensive but still losing. life after 6 mos
    How are you using your phone and how do you charge it? Do you use Quick Charge 3.0? Are you a heavy user and does your battery get hot often? The key is keeping your battery between 20-80%, keeping battery temperatures as low as possible, and if possible charge your battery externally to lower the amount of heat and stress on the battery.

I charge my batteries externally using the authentic LG charging cradle which charges slowly at 1.0 speeds with a small laptop cooling fan to help blow cool air at it to keep it cool. I'm cycling through 5 batteries evenly so my battery longevity is much higher. If you don't need to use fast charge, then don't use it. Fast charge = hotter battery. I also recommended having a 2nd phone to use so you can have 2x battery life using one phone for browsing the web, playing games, GPS, etc. and the other as your important main phone.. just use your daily driver as a hotspot or use the 2nd when you're near WiFi.

These USB laptop cooling pads are only around $1.50 on eBay and are effective at keeping the phone or battery cool while charging.. blows cool air onto it. Cool battery = longer lasting battery. Might seem excessive but take care of your phone, it will last and live longer while other people have dying batteries.

How's your V20 stock battery holding up?-20180716_065305.jpgHow's your V20 stock battery holding up?-20180716_065316.jpg
    How's your V20 stock battery holding up?-20180716_065602.jpgHow's your V20 stock battery holding up?-20180716_065618.jpg
    07-16-2018 09:50 AM
    Ya I do none of that and don't want to. I'd rather buy more batteries. I'm ALWAYS at 100% because I have chargers everywhere and I'm a heavy user so phone often hot. I am a nightmare for batteries
    07-16-2018 10:05 AM
    i cycled inbetween 3 batteries. they were trash after 2 years. im on my 2nd set of 3 batteries. phone feels like brand new! everything is super fast. it feels like going from a pentium 3 to a quad core brand new computer. lol.
    08-03-2018 04:55 PM
    Put Accubattery on the device and unplug it at 80% charge.

All modern phones I've seen run the charge profile "hot" on purpose. The V20 does it less than some others, but they all do it. They do it for charge speed and it hurts battery life quite materially.

You can't short-circuit all of the damage by unplugging at 80%, but you will stop a large percentage of the damage this way, which should roughly double the service life in terms of time (and more than that in terms of cycles, since at 80% you will have to charge a bit more frequently.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-03-2018 05:13 PM
65 123