Chargers and Cables

Niv77

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
So my orignal v20 charger/cable is having some issue. Sometimes that pop up shows up sometimes it doesn't.

So I'm thinking of upgrading to Quick Charge 3.0.
Is it really an upgrade? Is there a noticeable change in charging speed? Or nah?
If yes,
What brand is the best?
Thanks!!

Attachments

• 85750.jpg
    85750.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 56

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I only use chargers from the manufacturer, aftermarket ones on Amazon claim they are OEM but they are usually not. Buy directly from LG. even for my wifes iPhone I buy chargers from the Apple store. Too many reported fires from the cheap knock offs. Don't forget the Chinese manufacturers that make the chargers for cellphone companies will knock off the products they make for the OEM using inferior parts to sell cheaply on the internet.

Tran Trung Le

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
So my orignal v20 charger/cable is having some issue. Sometimes that pop up shows up sometimes it doesn't.

Is it really an upgrade? Is there a noticeable change in charging speed? Or nah?
If yes,
What brand is the best?
Thanks!!
Hello, I faced this before a couple of times, there could be some reasons:
1. Your connection between cable and your device is loose
2. Your device port is not working properly
3. Your cable is not working properly
Change another good quality cable and see if still happens.
If it is because of the cable, you can look for Anker - quite expensive, but for sure it is cost-effective in the long term.
Hope it helps.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If this pop-up is your only concern, I'd stick with just replacing the cable.

The OEM charger on the V20 is QC2.0. As I mentioned in your other thread on your charging issues, QC3.0 isn't meant to be faster. It's meant to be more efficient. So in real world use, you're not going to see much of a difference compared to the OEM charger. It's unlikely your charger went bad, so I wouldn't replace that unless you are already wanting to replace it for other reasons. I.e. I have multiple devices to charge, so I got a 5 port charger I mostly use at home, or the car charger I bought for use at work. I bought these for convenience, not because I expected them to charge any faster than the OEM charger.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

If yes,
What brand is the best?
Thanks!!

I have an Anker USB 3.0 QUICK CHARGE in my car and I can tell you it's super fast! Sometimes I'm amazed by how quickly it charges. I think 50% in 30 minutes?

Always buy a reputable brand USB C cable otherwise you may damage your phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an Anker USB 3.0 QUICK CHARGE in my car and I can tell you it's super fast! Sometimes I'm amazed by how quickly it charges. I think 50% in 30 minutes?

I have a QC2.0 car charger, QC3.0 home charger, plus the OEM QC2.0 charger. They all charge about the same: Fast.