Bluetooth

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to find out what apps are using your Bluetooth? Something is making my Bluetooth cut off and on randomly several times a day. Headphones speakers, watches, everything is not connecting right

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
If your Bluetooth is turned off it shouldn't be turning on and off unless you have devices that are connected to your phone. I still don't see how that would cause the Bluetooth to cut on though.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
You can always look in the Bluetooth settings to see what is connected. If you are having connection issues though, you can always do a network reset. I've done it several times and it has resolved various connection issues. However, one caveat is that it resets ALL of your network connection settings - WiFi and Bluetooth so you will have to reconnect all devices and wifi networks.

David

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So there isn't a way to just reset all Bluetooth connections?

It's weird. I want Bluetooth on but when I use it now, it just randomly disconnects and reconnects with all devices. Some devices don't connect at all it takes a long time.

It didn't used to do that. I just unpaired everything to see if that helps

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
So there isn't a way to just reset all Bluetooth connections?

It's weird. I want Bluetooth on but when I use it now, it just randomly disconnects and reconnects with all devices. Some devices don't connect at all it takes a long time.

It didn't used to do that. I just unpaired everything to see if that helps
Yeah I don't know why that's happening but pairing one to two devices at time should help. I know when I turn Bluetooth on I see all my paired devices show up and then I can choose one I want to connect to.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
They will connect then disconnect then connect then disconnect. It's aggravating when you are listening to music because it pays an you have to restart it

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Whatever is knocking my Bluetooth on and off had to be the same thing that makes my phone think that media is playing. When I turn the volume up and down it's always the media and not the ringer volume.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

Phone discharging at 600+ an hour

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Whatever is knocking my Bluetooth on and off had to be the same thing that makes my phone think that media is playing. When I turn the volume up and down it's always the media and not the ringer volume.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

Phone discharging at 600+ an hour
I'd charge it up and run it on battery a while while it does this, to build up some battery stats. After a half or or longer, go into the battery settings and see if there's any apps showing up that would use media. Anything from a music player to a game could be suspect. I'd then start at the top of the list and work my way down, force closing any media related app and then checking your volume control to see if it released the media volume slider.

If you find one that does this, I think that's going to be the root of your problem.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Like I said a couple days ago, if you are not sure what is trying to connect, then do a network reset.

Settings > General > Backup and reset > Network Settings Reset

After doing the reset, any new device that is trying to connect to your phone will first have to ask and you will have to grant it permission.

An example of this is my wife and I both have our phones paired to her car. Whenever she starts her car, my phone will try to connect to her car if I am close enough and my music player will launch. Same thing happens if she comes home from work. my phone will try to connect when she pulls into the garage.

David

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Another thought I had....
Do you have your V20 linked to a chromecast or other media streaming/mirroring device in your home? Could be that and NOT Bluetooth.

David

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
What about app permissions? I started going through all of them to see who has permission to my bluetooth, but I didn't say any that uses Bluetooth actually have that under permissions so I stopped. Something is affecting my Bluetooth and I would rather figure it out instead of factory resetting

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Just for reference, you should get this notification when two Bluetooth devices are on at the same time.
10c82d0f3a9926275616c7ffa88b1bd4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol