Bloatware on V20?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Which model do you have and how much bloatware is on it? Does it bother you? Can you uninstall all of it? Thinking about getting a T-Mobile variant just because of the FM radio (US unlocked versions don't get it, not sure why).

jay-h-1

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Which model do you have and how much bloatware is on it? Does it bother you? Can you uninstall all of it? Thinking about getting a T-Mobile variant just because of the FM radio (US unlocked versions don't get it, not sure why).
At&t has fm radio.
Bloatware is not a issue.... disabled or removed on mine.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a Tmo V20 and the bloatware is minimal. A couple of Tmo apps and that is it. And, the Tmo apps that are included can be useful....like the Tmo app that allows you to manage your account and the hotspot app.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
At&t has fm radio.
Bloatware is not a issue.... disabled or removed on mine.

What about "My AT&T" or the AT&T data monitor? I have a Metro PCS phone and I am unable to uninstall or disable "My Metro". Plus, don't have access to adb side load so can't delete it that way either.

Also AT&T variants annoy me because they remove the data on/off shortcut.

jay-h-1

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
What about "My AT&T" or the AT&T data monitor? I have a Metro PCS phone and I am unable to uninstall or disable "My Metro". Plus, don't have access to adb side load so can't delete it that way either.

Also AT&T variants annoy me because they remove the data on/off shortcut.
No issues here.
All functions normally.
You see some apps that are not removeable in my app drawer.
Disabled,no big deal.
Phone was $275 USD out the door.
So I don't really care.

rbird2

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Below are the apps I consider "Bloatware" and I have disabled on my Verizon LG V20 (VS995):

Non-System apps: Amazon Kindle, Android Pay, Audble, Caller Name ID, Cloud, Cloud Print, Gmail, Google Play Movies & TV, Google Play Music, Hangouts, IMDb, LG Health, Messages+, NFL Mobile, Slacker Radio, Support & Protection, ThinkFree Viewer, VZ Navigator.

System apps: AppFlash, Bookmark Provider, DT Ignite (May be called "Mobile Servives Manager"),Hangouts, OK Google enrollment, SnapPage.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Any battery drain?

Tough question to answer.....IMO battery life is not one of the V20's strong points, my experience has been acceptable. However, I believe it is not the result of bloatware and I don't use social media apps.

That said, I recently replaced my V20 battery (over a year old) and battery life has improved. My old battery failed the spin test.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No issues here.
All functions normally.
You see some apps that are not removeable in my app drawer.
Disabled,no big deal.
Phone was $275 USD out the door.
So I don't really care.

Can't disable "My T-Mobile" or "My Metro" app.. it's a monitoring app to monitor your usage habits.. don't like it being on all the time running on the background. Same with AT&T's data monitoring app.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Tough question to answer.....IMO battery life is not one of the V20's strong points, my experience has been acceptable. However, I believe it is not the result of bloatware and I don't use social media apps.

That said, I recently replaced my V20 battery (over a year old) and battery life has improved. My old battery failed the spin test.

Wow, you must have been a power user or used it abnormally. Batteries usually don't swell up until 2 years. Truthfully, the V20 has the most "reliable and predictable" battery life out of all the phones I had, and I don't swap batteries often. I actually owned the Galaxy S7 Active with a 4000mAh and somehow, the V20 gets better battery than that. It's all about software efficiency and optimization. If I have 35% battery in the evening, I'm confident that it should last me the whole night. Put the phone on battery saver mode and I get all day battery.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Below are the apps I consider "Bloatware" and I have disabled on my Verizon LG V20 (VS995):

Non-System apps: Amazon Kindle, Android Pay, Audble, Caller Name ID, Cloud, Cloud Print, Gmail, Google Play Movies & TV, Google Play Music, Hangouts, IMDb, LG Health, Messages+, NFL Mobile, Slacker Radio, Support & Protection, ThinkFree Viewer, VZ Navigator.

System apps: AppFlash, Bookmark Provider, DT Ignite (May be called "Mobile Servives Manager"),Hangouts, OK Google enrollment, SnapPage.

I feel like Verizon has the most Bloatware, AT&T coming in second. However, with Verizon, you can actually disable most of the apps. Other carriers won't let you disable all of them. AT&T has the most restrictions.

tickerguy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Can't disable "My T-Mobile" or "My Metro" app.. it's a monitoring app to monitor your usage habits.. don't like it being on all the time running on the background. Same with AT&T's data monitoring app.

You can shut off its permissions, however, INCLUDING system info and settings read/write access. I have not found that doing so impacts anything in terms of device usability.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon