OS Update?

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm just curious...
Are we ever going to see an OS update for our V20? The free tablet I got at T-Mobile got updated to 7.1.2. My T-Mobile V20 is running 7.0 and is still on it's November security patch.

My device is running smooth, and I had mine since launch, so I'm not in any rush for an update. BUT Am I asking too much for 8.0? I see older devices starting to get the update.

Like I said, I'm just curious

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I love my V20, but I believe an Oreo upgrade would make it even more sophistocated and user-friendly. I didn't upgrade to the V30 since I didn't see the need to, especially since my V20 can use an extended battery and eliminate carrying around battery packs and extra batteries. This feature of a removable back far outweighs sealing the phone, at least in my estimation. I realize I'll have to give in in the future; probably to the Samsung S9+. But until then, I'll keep rocking my V20. Hopefully, we'll get the Oreo upgrade before then. If that happens, who knows. I may keep my V20 until the S10+ is launched. LOL

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of OS updates because they often do something I don't like. So if my V20 never got one, I'd be happy.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious...
Are we ever going to see an OS update for our V20? The free tablet I got at T-Mobile got updated to 7.1.2. My T-Mobile V20 is running 7.0 and is still on it's November security patch.

My device is running smooth, and I had mine since launch, so I'm not in any rush for an update. BUT Am I asking too much for 8.0? I see older devices starting to get the update.

Like I said, I'm just curious

1 year after the next LG G7 (or whatever it's called). They need a selling point for their lastest flagship to boost sales. After a year later, they will consider updating the OS. That's how they make the new phone appear "new" and better.

I would be careful updating the OS if you get an update.. after the iPhone fiasco (purposely slowing down iPhones to boost sales for iPhone X), and then the Samsung Note 4s all somehow coincidentally dying after an OS update. I haven't heard of LG ever doing that for their phones but I'm convinced Apple and Samsung does.. how else would they sell their new phones if everyone's hanging on to their current phones that still work fine? I'm never updating my phone unless it's confirmed safe and doesn't cause lag.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
1 year after the next LG G7 (or whatever it's called). They need a selling point for their lastest flagship to boost sales. After a year later, they will consider updating the OS. That's how they make the new phone appear "new" and better.

I would be careful updating the OS if you get an update.. after the iPhone fiasco (purposely slowing down iPhones to boost sales for iPhone X), and then the Samsung Note 4s all somehow coincidentally dying after an OS update. I haven't heard of LG ever doing that for their phones but I'm convinced Apple and Samsung does.. how else would they sell their new phones if everyone's hanging on to their current phones that still work fine? I'm never updating my phone unless it's confirmed safe and doesn't cause lag.

That's true and like I said I was curious. I'll be careful of any future updates. I'm a firm believer of, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and my V20 ain't broke lol...
Running smoothly and with no real issues to speak of, I really can't complain.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Rule of thumb for OS upgrades (not patches) is to rebuild your phone from scratch. This way you eliminate any possible issues like slowdowns or software causing problems.

Are you talking about factory resetting your phone? While it's partly true, sometimes the slowdowns are intentional by the manufacture (Apple had to admit after being caught).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463