appflash has stopped

baul0010

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Since the last Verizon security update I have been getting a message that appflash has stopped. It's usually 3/4 times a day. The last couple weeks it has been appflash and Google play movies has stopped. After tapping ok for both my phone seems to still be running and acting fine. I have both apps disabled. Only thing I can figure is they are attempting to start for some reason. Any ideas why this would be happening?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I disabled Appflash as well when Verizon put it in their last update, but it hasn't given me any notifications related to it.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had AppFlash disabled since the update but started getting the error intermittently today. Does not depend on what I am doing and tapping on OK clears the error. Everything seems to be working OK from then on until the next time it appears.

David

baul0010

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to keep better track of when it happens. from what I've noticed over the last three days it has been happening every time I plug it into my LG fast charger.

painnpanic

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
WOW! Appflash from Verizon the best spyware to date, and you can't get it to stop or turn off. Verizon would sell your personal information if they knew they could make a penny off of it. Wait they already did by selling your info to Appflash. I would suspect all Verizon to have this spyware I mean this App installed on all of their phones by the end of the year.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone find a solution to this?

As I commented before, I didn't have this issue, but I recently did a warranty exchange and now I am having the notification that Appflash has stopped even though I have it disabled.

Galagaboy

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Solved!

First you need to shut off the service as if you would likely have done already by going to app manager and disable it.
Then, use a file explorer that goes a little further than the standard factory one (i used X-plore) Then in the internal storage>>Android>>data folder look for folder called "com.discovery" (might have been com.webdiscovery but for mine it was the first folder in there. Delete that sucker and restart.

this seemed to work for a short time, then the appflash has stopped working messaged appeared. No harm done but annoying, i just got this phone and dont want to see error messages.

So to get rid of that , go to app manager and clear the data for the Google play store, then force stop it.
Then click on the 3 vertical dots and Reset app preferences. Restart.

The message has not came up since, bad news is all the apps permission are disabled, so you will have to go through each one and allow permission. Small price to pay to get rid of this crap.

Credit to MJTube from youtube for the final step.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781