Does anyone have a glass screen protector on their V20?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've owned two V20's. The first one I bought when it came out (the LG-US996 unlocked model), I installed a full coverage tempered glass screen protector (the PThink brand). However, the top portion of the second screen near the front camera never adhered properly even after a second install... Therefore I concluded the phone's glass was warped. Bought a 2nd V20 and the glass is 100% flat and it installed perfectly. Did anyone else encounter that problem? What screen protector do you have and is it full coverage? I might get a different V20 but scared it might have the same problem...

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
This is the best one and I have tried many. No rainbow, full coverage, sticks right to the glass entirely and has great response.

[2-Pack] LG V20 Screen Protector, PThink [Full Screen Coverage] Tempered Glass Screen Protector for LG V20 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1RKQI...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6157947

1e96dfd1584a75cc39806eda77216d5f.jpg

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This is the best one and I have tried many. No rainbow, full coverage, sticks right to the glass entirely and has great response.

[2-Pack] LG V20 Screen Protector, PThink [Full Screen Coverage] Tempered Glass Screen Protector for LG V20 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1RKQI...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6159094

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/1e96dfd1584a75cc39806eda77216d5f.jpg

Nice, that's the exact one I have. A VERY good brand.. the glass is very scratch resistant and lasts a long time.. perfect fit too. Almost a year now and it looks good still! Superb manufacturing quality.. I think it's more scratch resistant than the Gorilla Glass 4 that's on the V20...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had the VZW version since day 1. I don't mind the partial coverage. I do wish it were fingerprint resistant but I've never seen ANY screen that really is despite oleophobic coatings.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had the VZW version since day 1. I don't mind the partial coverage. I do wish it were fingerprint resistant but I've never seen ANY screen that really is despite oleophobic coatings.
Mine is as resistant as the bare glass to fingerprints.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I personally don't use them. I am careful with my phones and the Gorilla Glass should be ample to protect my device whether it's tucked in my pants pocket or sitting on my desk.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
As long as you dont mind scratches

Yeah, the phone honestly is rated military grade and can withstand drops. Gorilla Glass 4 & 5 is more scratch prone than the old Gorilla Glass 3, however more drop and shatter resistant. People like us have OCD and would like to keep their phones in pristine condition especially if planning to keep the phone for many many years.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I used to have partial coverage and the unprotected screen was scratched, although I took care of it and was careful. GG4 is easy to scratch. Oleophobic coatings will wear down eventually, regardless of what you do. There is a glass wax they sell on Amazon that bring back the smoothness of the glass and oil resistance.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I used to have partial coverage and the unprotected screen was scratched, although I took care of it and was careful. GG4 is easy to scratch. Oleophobic coatings will wear down eventually, regardless of what you do. There is a glass wax they sell on Amazon that bring back the smoothness of the glass and oil resistance.

What is this glass wax on Amazon? I'd be interested in purchasing it.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site