Had an Obliq Flex Pro case on it. I set it on the sidewalk cross button (trying to take a picture) and it fell 5 feet. Just got a tiny scuff on the bottom right corner of the case, nothing happened to the phone. The military grade durability really does stand up to its claim. Have you dropped your V20? Too bad this is the last durable LG phone, it's all glass from now. If I dropped the V30, I don't know if it would've made it.
    huntnyc likes this.
    03-26-2018 04:50 PM
    03-26-2018 04:53 PM
    I never dropped mine yet but good to know that I can drop it with peace of mind!
    03-26-2018 04:54 PM
    Dropped mine once, roughly 3.5 feet onto a tile floor. no case. Back cover and battery flew off. No scratches or dents that I could see.
    Put it back together.
    Good as new.
    huntnyc and RaRa85 like this.
    03-27-2018 09:06 AM
    Omg over the past year I've dropped mine so many times...I don't have a robust case on it either but it's perfectly fine
    recDNA likes this.
    03-28-2018 02:14 PM
    Omg over the past year I've dropped mine so many times...I don't have a robust case on it either but it's perfectly fine
    So sad there aren't many choices left for durable phones.. the V series was originally a part of that category. The only one left is the Galaxy Active series but the phone is too thick, heavy, and ugly. The V20 is surprisingly thin yet durable.
    huntnyc likes this.
    03-30-2018 11:51 AM
    But don't leave out last year's Pixel phones. They only have the glass shade at the top but they do feel pretty sturdy unlike other phones on the market.
    03-30-2018 11:47 PM
    But don't leave out last year's Pixel phones. They only have the glass shade at the top but they do feel pretty sturdy unlike other phones on the market.
    Too bad they used a plastic coating on the Pixel 2 just like LG did with the poorly designed LG G5. Now why on Earth did they do that for? Metal definitely feels more premium. But you're right, Pixel, OnePlus, and the uncommon Galaxy Active variants may be the last of them.. everyone else has a glass body, even the new iPhones now.
    04-01-2018 02:03 PM
    Too bad they used a plastic coating on the Pixel 2 just like LG did with the poorly designed LG G5. Now why on Earth did they do that for? Metal definitely feels more premium. But you're right, Pixel, OnePlus, and the uncommon Galaxy Active variants may be the last of them.. everyone else has a glass body, even the new iPhones now.
    I had a G5 and the coating does not feel the same as a Pixel. The coating on the G5 was very thick over a thin body of aluminum, which is why it didn't feel like metal....not that it really matters. The Pixel feels like painted metal....at least to me it does.
    04-02-2018 01:17 PM
    I prefer plastic. It is tougher than glass and still allows wireless charging. Almost everyone covers the pretty glass in a plastic cover anyway! Glass backs break right inside a case! Idiotic.
    ScottMGS likes this.
    04-24-2018 01:26 PM
    I prefer plastic. It is tougher than glass and still allows wireless charging. Almost everyone covers the pretty glass in a plastic cover anyway! Glass backs break right inside a case! Idiotic.
    I can't stand when someone insists glass feels premium. The only thing premium about glass is the premium you pay for insurance and, or the out of pocket to repair the damages.
    huntnyc, ScottMGS and recDNA like this.
    04-26-2018 06:08 PM
    Same here, I could care less about how pretty or "premium" glass is. How exactly is glass premium? It's fragile and does not age well, it gets micro scratches overtime. A phone is not an object you place on a pedestal, it's a tool that's used everyday. Make it durable, not pretty. And now, the next annoying phone trend is the notch.. great, now glass back and then a notch...
    04-28-2018 08:39 AM
    For all of you who bought v20s recently and not from your carrier, have you bought insurance? If I do buy carrier insurance and my v20 dies in a year or two, will I get a new v40 or a comparable phone assuming the v30s are gone. What if LG is out of the phone business?
    04-30-2018 10:24 AM
    For all of you who bought v20s recently and not from your carrier, have you bought insurance? If I do buy carrier insurance and my v20 dies in a year or two, will I get a new v40 or a comparable phone assuming the v30s are gone. What if LG is out of the phone business?
    LG is the number 3 smartphone manufacture, I don't think they will go out of business.. they also make phones for Google from time to time (like the Pixel 2 XL). You have to read what the insurance covers to know what they will cover for you. I never buy insurance for my phone.. the most likely way your phone will need to be replaced is if it gets water damaged and or gets a broken screen, that's why people get insurance because some don't use a phone case and some are clumsy or work in harsh environments. I had never ever have a phone fail on me.. I always end up selling the phone and buying a new one. Just get a case and screen protector and you're good, and don't be clumsy.

1. Apple
    2. Samsung
    3. LG

Keep in mind LG is much bigger in other countries than here.
    04-30-2018 10:36 AM
    LG is the number 3 smartphone manufacture, I don't think they will go out of business.. they also make phones for Google from time to time (like the Pixel 2 XL). You have to read what the insurance covers to know what they will cover for you. I never buy insurance for my phone.. the most likely way your phone will need to be replaced is if it gets water damaged and or gets a broken screen, that's why people get insurance because some don't use a phone case and some are clumsy or work in harsh environments. I had never ever have a phone fail on me.. I always end up selling the phone and buying a new one. Just get a case and screen protector and you're good, and don't be clumsy.
    I'm pretty sure LG comes in around number 7
    04-30-2018 04:48 PM
    When they replace it with a "comparable" phone they mean comparable to the one you have, meaning old and out of date, not the newest/best/latest. It's like if I totaled my 2005 Prius I'm not gonna be able to take the insurance to buy a shiny new 2018 model, I'll only get enough to buy an old beater car.
    04-30-2018 04:51 PM
    When they replace it with a "comparable" phone they mean comparable to the one you have, meaning old and out of date, not the newest/best/latest. It's like if I totaled my 2005 Prius I'm not gonna be able to take the insurance to buy a shiny new 2018 model, I'll only get enough to buy an old beater car.
    Not always.....I received a better phone through Asurian because they didn't have any more like mine. To top it off it was brand new in the box.
    ScottMGS likes this.
    04-30-2018 04:58 PM
    Not always.....I received a better phone through Asurian because they didn't have any more like mine. To top it off it was brand new in the box.
    Then you've had better luck than me with Asurian. They were willing to give me a new phone but it was a model year out of date, a weird curved LG phone that nobody seemed to want.
    04-30-2018 05:04 PM
    Then you've had better luck than me with Asurian. They were willing to give me a new phone but it was a model year out of date, a weird curved LG phone that nobody seemed to want.
    I know someone with that phone.... awful
    ScottMGS likes this.
    04-30-2018 05:38 PM
    I'm pretty sure LG comes in around number 7
    How can the Google Pixel be higher than LG if LG are the ones making the phone? Google is not a manufacturer, just a software based company. All of their products are made by someone else, they just trick people thinking they made their own. HTC and Moto are at an all-time low as of right now (both used to dominate the smartphone industry, not anymore), desperate so they sold a part of themselves to Google, in which (like always) Google takes their patent and resells them because Google is no longer innovative but more of a business giant. Google doesn't make anything innovative, they just release a product that's already been invented but make it their own.
    05-09-2018 09:38 AM
    How can the Google Pixel be higher than LG if LG are the ones making the phone? Google is not a manufacturer, just a software based company. All of their products are made by someone else, they just trick people thinking they made their own. HTC and Moto are at an all-time low as of right now (both used to dominate the smartphone industry, not anymore), desperate so they sold a part of themselves to Google, in which (like always) Google takes their patent and resells them because Google is no longer innovative but more of a business giant. Google doesn't make anything innovative, they just release a product that's already been invented but make it their own.
    Where do I say Google is higher?
    05-09-2018 08:08 PM
    Where do I say Google is higher?
    Then whose the top 5 phone manufacturers? I'm pretty sure LG is 3rd place
    05-10-2018 02:22 PM
    Then whose the top 5 phone manufacturers? I'm pretty sure LG is 3rd place
    I think you're talking about building and I'm talking about selling.
    05-10-2018 04:41 PM
    If my next ohine is all glass, I'm slapping the sturdiest case I can find on it. As for my V20, I've dropped it several times, but its wonderful case has protected it well.
    huntnyc likes this.
    05-11-2018 07:38 AM