Bored of V20..

Niv77

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Hey people.
Kinda bored of my V20. What's making you happy on your V20?
Any cool themes or apps you can suggest?
Thanks!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I kinda am sometimes but just enjoying the features my next phone won't have like the IR blaster which I use a lot actually. I just bought a Dbrand skin to spice things up as well.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Not bored with mine...Only had it 2 weeks. Lol...Got a brand new one for $150 off eBay. Using Evie Launcher and this thing flies. So much faster than the Essential Phone I sold. Already swapped batteries a few times. Such a convenience that none of the newer phones have.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Also I think we get a little touch up in the form of the Oreo update it will bring a little freshness to the phone as well. I really want the S9+ right now but I'm trying to hold out for as long as possible. At least allow everyone to show their cards before I upgrade.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Also I think we get a little touch up in the form of the Oreo update it will bring a little freshness to the phone as well. I really want the S9+ right now but I'm trying to hold out for as long as possible. At least allow everyone to show their cards before I upgrade.
Since you're big into the camera aspects, you may want to check out this thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=880196

Not sure if the OP just has a bug or if all S9's are designed to limit RAW capabilities and lens switching.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Since you're big into the camera aspects, you may want to check out this thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=880196

Not sure if the OP just has a bug or if all S9's are designed to limit RAW capabilities and lens switching.
Ok cool.
Edit: I just saw the post and it seems that Samsung only uses the main sensor in pro mode. Not a big issue for me but I have noticed that from trying to learn as much about the pro mode in stores before buying.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Not bored with mine...Only had it 2 weeks. Lol...Got a brand new one for $150 off eBay. Using Evie Launcher and this thing flies. So much faster than the Essential Phone I sold. Already swapped batteries a few times. Such a convenience that none of the newer phones have.

I have both phones and the essential is way faster. Especially with Oreo.

Both great phones but I've been very happy with the essential phone as my daily driver. The battery is especially good and the camera takes better pics than the v20 to my eye.

The V20 has a lot of great features though and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. It's especially nice as a home theater remote.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My essential phone was pretty fast too but it was not as consistent as the V20. It would hesitate way too often when loading websites. I couldn't put my hand on it but it was frustrating. A website like ESPN would load instantly one time and then take 20 seconds the next time. It was the same on 4G and WiFi. Plus it randomly would restart every so often. Tried multiple resets but eventually gave up. The Oreo Beta did not make a difference either so I sold it. Possible I had a dud but wasn't going to get another one so I ended up with a V20. So far so good...

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I purchased a Note8 to shake things up. Between the V20 and the Note I have all sorts of fun taking pictures and videos. The two compliment each other real well.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Also you can try some accessories to extend the fun of your phone. I just ordered this wireless controller to play PlayStation games with via ePSXe. You can actually get a lot of quality gaming on the go with this setup. I may get a Chromecast to see if I can get an actual console type experience using it.
ade8dfc5409e66b4bc4f6eb6950d9f91.jpg

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey people.
Thanks!

Themes:
Card Ui
Electric Ui
Pixel Ui
Android O
Grace UX
Grace UX Dark
Origami (from LG SmartWolrld)
Midnight (from LG SmartWorld)
Flyme
Dark Material
Pixel Skynight
LGUX 6+

Clock Widget:
XWidget (with S8 like clock widget)

Other apps:
Pixel NavBar
Rounded Corner

Wallpapers:
Galaxy Note 8 Wallpapers

Also, it's good to switch between two phones to reduce the likelihood of getting bored of the phone. I have a ZTE Zmax Pro with a true huge 6' 1080p screen, a great secondary phone for under $100. Also, switching the theme, wallpaper, and case helps.. I cycle through 3 different cases to give it a fresh look once a week. Would you wear the same shirt everyday? Probably not, that's why it's good to have options. Also, buy a Dbrand or SlickWraps skin to give it a new look, easy to install as well (you can still use a case over it after it fully adheres, I recommend a clear case so you can see the design).

Screenshot_2018-05-05-08-26-28.jpg
Electric UI

Screenshot_2018-05-05-08-26-57.jpg
Grace UX

Screenshot_2018-05-05-08-31-25.jpg
Stuff (from LG SmartWorld)

Screenshot_2018-05-06-06-20-00.jpg
Android O

Screenshot_2018-05-06-06-18-48.jpg
Ubuntu Light

BTW some other phones like the Pixel 2 does not allow you to change the theme, so be happy your LG has that option.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey people.
Thanks!
If you're bored it means phone is doing everything right! Kind of a good thing really but I know what you mean. I'm going to keep my V20 on VZW and pick up something else on Xfinity Mobile. Torn between an S9+ or a red iPhone 8+. I wish I knew exactly when Note 9 is coming out.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you're bored it means phone is doing everything right! Kind of a good thing really but I know what you mean. I'm going to keep my V20 on VZW and pick up something else on Xfinity Mobile. Torn between an S9+ or a red iPhone 8+. I wish I knew exactly when Note 9 is coming out.

I'm waiting on the V40, possibly the G7 ThinQ. But I'm definitely keeping the V20...

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got a used but mint condition red HTC 10. So switching between that keeps away the boredom. I should also mention I have a V10 and my trusty old One M8 that is still in great condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol