Alright, so I have replaced my screen because of Image retention. So now I'm gonna get it replaced again because of Image retention and because I can have it done for free..

So it leads me to the question, how can I avoid Image retention or bleeds? Does filter really helps to avoid it or does it just hide the issue?
    I don't usually go with 50percent and up brightness. I'm normally on low cos it hurts my eyes. But still got the image retention..
    05-06-2018 08:36 AM
    A filter has nothing to do with image retention. having the same image on the screen for long periods of time does (so reduce your screen on timer to 30 seconds). Having the screen brightness up above 25% does (so reduce it more - or just tell the Google Assistant to set the screen brightness to 25%). And having a screen that's prone to burn-in also causes it. LG IPS screens just happen to be susceptible to burn-in.

There's almost never a reason to stare at a static image for a long time, so if you're not looking at the screen for something, it should be black. If you're looking for something (even watching a video), things are changing, so burn-in is lessened. (And Proximity Service will allow you to blank the screen by just laying the phone down screen-down, or putting it in a pocket.)
    05-06-2018 11:59 AM
    Alright, so I have replaced my screen because of Image retention. So now I'm gonna get it replaced again because of Image retention and because I can have it done for free..

So it leads me to the question, how can I avoid Image retention or bleeds? Does filter really helps to avoid it or does it just hide the issue?
    I don't usually go with 50percent and up brightness. I'm normally on low cos it hurts my eyes. But still got the image retention..
    1. Use a darker theme. Retention usually occurs with bright static icons and menu GUIs. Also change the background to a dark color.

2. Use lower brightness when possible. Use auto brightness if you want.

3. Take breaks from your phone every once in a while. Turn off the screen.

4. Go to YouTube and search "stuck pixel fixer HD" and leave it on playing full screen for at least 15 minutes at max brightness. Do NOT look at the screen as it may cause seizures.

5. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about the LCD screen bleed, that's just how the phone was designed. Probably the fact that the phone is so thin, they had little options at the time to eliminate it. AT LEAST they improved the LCD bleed from the V10 which bled horribly, the Always On Display on the V20 looks great in the dark! I still have no idea how they did that with an LCD..

It seems as if certain models get screen retention more easily than others, possibility some phones using a different panel type. I have the unlocked US996 and very rarely get retention (and it goes away pretty quickly if I do get it). Changing the LCD panel might not even help, just leave it alone. Be happy it's not AMOLED and a permanent burn in.. My Samsung Laptop has an IPS LCD panel and gets retention all the time.. it will go away on its own, just change your habits and brightness and you should be good.
    05-08-2018 08:38 PM
    Leave this playing on your screen on full screen at max brightness.. do NOT look at the screen! 15 minutes should be good.

05-08-2018 08:40 PM