charging question

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
You know that audible beep you get when you plug your phone into charge? In the past week it stopped making that sound. Using original charging cable and it IS charging (slowly it seems) but in the past week stopped the audible sound when plugged into charge? Odd....all volumes are on

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
so not good later today tried to charge and now phone isn't charging at all. thankfully can change battery

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
just did...using a generic cord that used to speed charge...unfortunately now says not speed charging but it's charging!! I guess better than nothing. original cord maybe went bad

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
just did...using a generic cord that used to speed charge...unfortunately now says not speed charging but it's charging!! I guess better than nothing. original cord maybe went bad
Generic cables can be a crap shoot, but good that it's charging now. I personally like the Volutz brand, if you need a recommendation on a better one.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When I used my phone with a cheap cable it said charging (not fast charging) but it actually was draining unless I shut off the phone completely.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
They are a little on the more expensive side of cables but work great and are the longest lasting ones I've used.

Have you ever seen this? This is the 2nd time today it's asked me this??

Attachments

• 260676.jpg
    260676.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 56

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever seen this? This is the 2nd time today it's asked me this??
Either you have it plugged in to a computer, or that generic cable is bad and confusing the phone to think it's plugged into a computer. That screen shouldn't pop up if you're plugged into a regular charger.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Either you have it plugged in to a computer, or that generic cable is bad and confusing the phone to think it's plugged into a computer. That screen shouldn't pop up if you're plugged into a regular charger.

Ok thanks...yeah that message popped up plugged into the original cord that came with my V20. I guess it has gone bad. Thanks!

tickerguy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Take some canned air and blow out the charging port. The cable may be bad but there also may be a bit of garbage on the connector fingers in the port....

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

So turns out the cable isn't bad. My daughter was able to plug in her new phone with no issues...my V20 also will not charge with my car charger. Uh uh. Right now I'm switching batteries. I didn't want to replace it until Nov when my 2 years Are up...but irritating that it won't charge.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Inspect the charging port, yeah, as noted above, you should prolly take a can of compressed air and ensure the charging port is clean.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

So now I'm getting this notification about a power source every couple of hours. I haven't plugged it into a computer or anywhere out of the ordinary. I made sure the charging outlet is clean...but still getting this message? Is there anyways to fix this?

Attachments

• 262415.jpg
    262415.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 36

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Something isn't connecting right. Did you try canned air like the others suggested? If so, then I'm starting to think the port is going bad. It's not common, but does happen.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Something isn't connecting right. Did you try canned air like the others suggested? If so, then I'm starting to think the port is going bad. It's not common, but does happen.

Yes I did try the canned air. No change. Odd thing is, I'm not getting the charging message when I'm plugging it in to charge...I was getting it all night long while it was just sitting on my nightstand. Being that it's an audible alert it's pretty irritating. I have no issues charging with generic charging cords...only with the original and the car charger both confirmed working just fine by other family members. Could there be something systemic in settings that got messed up? This is really odd

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
update...after spending 30 minutes troubleshooting with Verizon on the phone they want me to try a factory reset. there def is a charging issue. The cord is fine and the charging port is fine. suspiciously the issue started up a couple of weeks after time April update. I will do a factory reset tomorrow..if that doesn't help they're going to replace the phone. thanks for all help here

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
update...after spending 30 minutes troubleshooting with Verizon on the phone they want me to try a factory reset. there def is a charging issue. The cord is fine and the charging port is fine. suspiciously the issue started up a couple of weeks after time April update. I will do a factory reset tomorrow..if that doesn't help they're going to replace the phone. thanks for all help here
Please Be sure to let us know what happens