New battery makes my phone feel brand new!

starcarwraps

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
just sharing some experience; I have 3 legit (oem) batteries for my LG v20. Used them for 2 years. I am keep changing them ( 1 always charged at home and 1 at work and there is one in the phone)
Phone felt super sluggish. Even writing a text felt painfully slow. 9gag app kept crashing when i opened it but it worked after i opened it again. Scrolling in 9gag app was super sluggish too.
My other issue and main reason to get new batteries because the phone shut off when battery hit around %20! It was very annoying! I tried to do a a factory reset and that didn't help. Once all the apps were back up running everything felt the same.
BUT!!!! Once i changed the battery i realized how 9gag stopped crashing. Then i checked how it scrolls and it was soooooo smooth! Writing text feels snappy. Phone doesn't die prematurely! I love my phone again!

Change your battery! But beware! I did got scammed with "oem" batteries from amazon. And they were not oem. I got mine from an electronics website ( newegg dot com)

Last edited by a moderator:

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
LG has them for 39 or so, going to get one while they have them. I stopped buying batterues and chargers from anyone but the phone manufacturer. Even for my wife's iPhone I go to the apple store. You get what you pay for.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
With the age of our phones, a new battery, IMO, is one of the best fixes. Got a new OEM battery for my V20 about three months ago and it vastly improved my experience, so much so, that I am planning on keeping my V20 until the LTE 5 phones start hitting the market.

The thing about battery life is that it degrades rather slowly and you may not notice it. But once you replace the battery, you sure do notice the improvement.

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Just ordered a backup from LG for the future. I feel the actual OEM is worth it. Used cheap batteries for some of my old phoned and learned they are not with it. You spend big dollard for the phone and then feed it junk.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Actually. if your processor expects a certain sustained voltage under heavy loads and does not get it, that just might happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22