I was using my phone just fine and a notification kept appearing that it was connected to a device that it was charging. I restarted the phone cause I thought it was a hardware glitch and it kept booting into a "Update Firmware" screen. I googled it and some people said to try powering it on twice while plugged in and that appeared to work for a minute. It went to my home screen, but things seemed very wrong. The second screen was acting crazy and my navigation buttons kept swapping from the top and the bottom of the screen. I turned it off again and removed the battery and when I tried to turn it back on it went straight to the homescreen with no booting, however it was frozen.

Now I cannot get into anything. It vibrates like it is powering on, but the screen is straight black. When I plug it in now the backlight for the screen comes on, but it is black.
    08-06-2018 01:55 AM
    Turn it off and pull the battery, wait 30 seconds. Reassemble and give it a shot.
    08-06-2018 09:26 AM
    I had that problem a few months back. Verizon ended up admitting it was the charging port that went bad. They replaced the phone under warranty
    08-08-2018 09:55 PM