A while ago, my fingerprint scanner would occasionally no longer function on my V20. I would get a notification saying that it could not read my fingerprint and to restart the phone if it continues. I had restarted a few times with no incidents but then, one time, the fingerprint option just disappeared. It was physically no longer available. Some how I was able to get the option back but the initial problem kept occuring. Today, when I restarted the phone, the fingerprint option again disappeared but now I can't get it back. I've restarted the phone multiple times and then pulled the battery. I don't know what's happening. Does anyone have any insight? Is this a sign that it's time to upgrade the phone?
    08-22-2018 10:41 PM
    A while ago, my fingerprint scanner would occasionally no longer function on my V20. I would get a notification saying that it could not read my fingerprint and to restart the phone if it continues. I had restarted a few times with no incidents but then, one time, the fingerprint option just disappeared. It was physically no longer available. Some how I was able to get the option back but the initial problem kept occuring. Today, when I restarted the phone, the fingerprint option again disappeared but now I can't get it back. I've restarted the phone multiple times and then pulled the battery. I don't know what's happening. Does anyone have any insight? Is this a sign that it's time to upgrade the phone?
    Try a factory reset as a last resort. Try clearing the system cache first in the recovery menu. When a phone gets updated, the system files get screwed up, so it's best to either clear the cache or factory reset. Next time, take a screenshot for us to see the message.
    08-23-2018 12:11 PM