09-20-2018 03:52 PM
32 12
tools
    Spyware can be defined in many ways.
    You have way too broad of a definition of spyware.
    V20 owners, would you upgrade to Xiaomi?-capture-2b_2018-09-10-08-27-03.jpg

Key word: Covert. Enough with the conspiracy theories and scare mongering.
    09-10-2018 08:30 AM
    So, I've had the Pocophone F1 since 9/6. Charged it up while running updates on 9/6, and didn't need to charge it again until yesterday, 9/9. Now, I am NOT a power user, I don't game, I'm not on Facebook..... but I do use the phone quite a bit throughout the day. Biggest issue I had with the V20 was battery. I had huge battery drain. I'd charge it overnight, then took it off the charger around 6:00 a.m., and had to charge again at work to make it through the day. I was uninstalling a lot of apps, ran Accubattery, and bought a new battery..... never figured out the issue. Regardless, the battery life on the F1 is absolutely phenomenal. Can't say enough about how great it is. I don't know if it's just Oreo, or a combo of Oreo and Xiaomi's MIUI tweaks, but it's great.

I love the phone's feel. Yes, it's plastic. And, I'm from the era of plastic phones. I've never understood why you'd cover a phone in glass, a material prone to drops and slippery. And like 90% of people, I put a case on it anyway. But I digress, phone feels great.

The snapdragon 845 is a beast. No lag at all, on anything. I hadn't used anything more modern than a V20, so I can't compare to anything else, but it is quick.

One drawback - no LTE. I'm on TMo in Chicago, and it get HSPA+ speeds. Speedtest routinely returns about 10 Mbps down for me, compared to 20+ on TMo LTE with the V20. In application.... I don't see a difference. Phone calls sound the same. Texts roll in the same. And Spotify streams much better, simply due to the processor. I was concerned about the lack of LTE at first, but am now starting to think it really doesn't matter. Gonna keep assessing this for the next few weeks.

So, the headphone jack. In short, I think the F1 sounds great. At first, I thought it a bit "tinny" compared to the V20. But, there is an equalizer that, once tweaked, puts out some really nice sound. Maybe my headphones aren't the best, and maybe my ears are a bit old, but I was surprised at how nice the sound was through my headphones. One advantage over the V20 seems to be with my BT 5.0 earbuds - they seem to sound better on the F1, as it also uses BT 5.0, rather than 4.2. Maybe its my imagination, but I think they're a bit better.

Overall, really enjoying this phone so far. Any specific questions or comparisons you'd like to the V20, just let me know. We'll see what happens, but I bet I list my US996 on Swappa in the next week or two. I just grew tired on the promised updates and horrible battery life.
    huntnyc and christianttt like this.
    09-10-2018 09:14 AM
    So, I've had the Pocophone F1 since 9/6. Charged it up while running updates on 9/6, and didn't need to charge it again until yesterday, 9/9. Now, I am NOT a power user, I don't game, I'm not on Facebook..... but I do use the phone quite a bit throughout the day. Biggest issue I had with the V20 was battery. I had huge battery drain. I'd charge it overnight, then took it off the charger around 6:00 a.m., and had to charge again at work to make it through the day. I was uninstalling a lot of apps, ran Accubattery, and bought a new battery..... never figured out the issue. Regardless, the battery life on the F1 is absolutely phenomenal. Can't say enough about how great it is. I don't know if it's just Oreo, or a combo of Oreo and Xiaomi's MIUI tweaks, but it's great.

I love the phone's feel. Yes, it's plastic. And, I'm from the era of plastic phones. I've never understood why you'd cover a phone in glass, a material prone to drops and slippery. And like 90% of people, I put a case on it anyway. But I digress, phone feels great.

The snapdragon 845 is a beast. No lag at all, on anything. I hadn't used anything more modern than a V20, so I can't compare to anything else, but it is quick.

One drawback - no LTE. I'm on TMo in Chicago, and it get HSPA+ speeds. Speedtest routinely returns about 10 Mbps down for me, compared to 20+ on TMo LTE with the V20. In application.... I don't see a difference. Phone calls sound the same. Texts roll in the same. And Spotify streams much better, simply due to the processor. I was concerned about the lack of LTE at first, but am now starting to think it really doesn't matter. Gonna keep assessing this for the next few weeks.

So, the headphone jack. In short, I think the F1 sounds great. At first, I thought it a bit "tinny" compared to the V20. But, there is an equalizer that, once tweaked, puts out some really nice sound. Maybe my headphones aren't the best, and maybe my ears are a bit old, but I was surprised at how nice the sound was through my headphones. One advantage over the V20 seems to be with my BT 5.0 earbuds - they seem to sound better on the F1, as it also uses BT 5.0, rather than 4.2. Maybe its my imagination, but I think they're a bit better.

Overall, really enjoying this phone so far. Any specific questions or comparisons you'd like to the V20, just let me know. We'll see what happens, but I bet I list my US996 on Swappa in the next week or two. I just grew tired on the promised updates and horrible battery life.
    Since I'm considering getting it:
    How is the camera and the screen compared against LG V20?
    Do you think the notification bar is a problem? They are only showed in the left side of the screen.
    Thank you for your answers.
    09-19-2018 12:20 AM
    I think the camera and screen are great. Screen seems about the same to as the V20, which I also liked a lot. And I've been getting some really good shots with the camera. I usually use auto mode (and did the same on my V20, didn't tinker too much with settings). I will say that the camera launches and processes pics a lot faster than the V20 - no lag at all.

I haven't had any problem with the notification bar, but I typically don't like notifications and don't like to bother too much. If you depend heavily on the notification bar, then you may not like it - not much, if anything shows up in the status bar. You need to swipe down to see your notifications.

Hope that helps.
    christianttt likes this.
    09-19-2018 09:14 AM
    I think the camera and screen are great. Screen seems about the same to as the V20, which I also liked a lot. And I've been getting some really good shots with the camera. I usually use auto mode (and did the same on my V20, didn't tinker too much with settings). I will say that the camera launches and processes pics a lot faster than the V20 - no lag at all.

I haven't had any problem with the notification bar, but I typically don't like notifications and don't like to bother too much. If you depend heavily on the notification bar, then you may not like it - not much, if anything shows up in the status bar. You need to swipe down to see your notifications.

Hope that helps.
    That's great. Does it have screen off notifications? Like Samsung or Motorola?
    09-19-2018 07:16 PM
    Yes, it does. Also allows you to select whether the notification that comes through will display all, or limited information.
    V20 owners, would you upgrade to Xiaomi?-screenshot_2018-09-19-21-41-33-548_com.android.settings.jpg
    09-20-2018 11:38 AM
    It's what the Chinese DO with the info stolen that worries me. They could crash our economic system if they wanted to and our government could provoke that
    09-20-2018 03:52 PM
32 12