I have an LG V20 that's less than 2 years old and that suddenly loses mobile data connection and cannot send/receive SMS messages often.

I've discovered that it only happens whenever my mobile data is connected to 4G. Everything works fine when I'm connected to wifi or 3G or 4G+.

I've tested this by setting the mobile network to only connect to 3g and it works perfectly. When I turn it back to automatic where it can connect to 4g, that's when the problem occurs (whenever the phone connects to 4g only).

Before I spend time and money on taking this to a tech, because the servixe center is pretty far away, has anyone experienced the same issue and is there a fix for this?

Thanks
    Gerz
    08-27-2018 01:58 AM
    Is there a specific place that this happens? Or does it happen all the time?
    08-27-2018 09:03 AM
    I have an LG V20 that's less than 2 years old and that suddenly loses mobile data connection and cannot send/receive SMS messages often.

I've discovered that it only happens whenever my mobile data is connected to 4G. Everything works fine when I'm connected to wifi or 3G or 4G+.

I've tested this by setting the mobile network to only connect to 3g and it works perfectly. When I turn it back to automatic where it can connect to 4g, that's when the problem occurs (whenever the phone connects to 4g only).

Before I spend time and money on taking this to a tech, because the servixe center is pretty far away, has anyone experienced the same issue and is there a fix for this?

Thanks
    Gerz
    - Check your mobile settings and change the network operators to manual instead of automatic (or vice versa) and see if it helps

- Make sure your APN settings is correct; check online for the correct APN settings (especially if you're using a carrier branded phone on a different network)

- Disable battery saving apps and modes, they might be trying to save battery by disabling LTE automatically

- Call your carrier and have them "reset" your network to refresh it and restart it

- Factory reset? Usually fixes most issues especially after OTA updates
    08-27-2018 05:55 PM
    Is there a specific place that this happens? Or does it happen all the time?
    Everytime my mobile data is connected to 4G.
    Works on 3G, H, H+, and 4G+.
    08-27-2018 07:04 PM
    - Check your mobile settings and change the network operators to manual instead of automatic (or vice versa) and see if it helps

- Make sure your APN settings is correct; check online for the correct APN settings (especially if you're using a carrier branded phone on a different network)

- Disable battery saving apps and modes, they might be trying to save battery by disabling LTE automatically

- Call your carrier and have them "reset" your network to refresh it and restart it

- Factory reset? Usually fixes most issues especially after OTA updates
    Hi
    My settings are all correct and my sim works fine with other phones. I've already tried factory reset 4 times and it still doesn't work. So I'm thinking it's a hardware issue already?

It's weird that it only happens when it's connected to 4G but works fine when connected 4G+... aren't they both LTE connections?
    08-27-2018 07:22 PM
    I think there's a problem with Textra if that's what you're using. I was not able to send pictures until I switched back to to the generic messaging app. I think that was happening before my Oreo update but I'm not sure. Nevertheless it doesn't work now and the same picture I couldn't send on Textra I had no problem sending in seconds on the generic messaging app. Now I don't even remember why I use Textra instead of the generic. So check that out.
    08-27-2018 10:03 PM