Sprint LG v20 still the best

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Yea..

It just died. No boot up no charge no nothing. Tried everything to get it running.

I'm at the Sprint store right now waiting to get it activated

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Yup.. Sure did😁

Now I don't have to worry about it for a year or so..

I need to order a new glass screen protector for it now.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

Yup.. Sure did

Now I don't have to worry about it for a year or so..

I need to order a new glass screen protector for it now.
By the way, I had a LG G5 just up and die on me. No boot loop. Nothing like that. Just powered off and refused to work.

Again, congrats.

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

People can say what they want about all of the new phones, but I don't care.

To me the v20 is still the most useful phone going with everything it can do.

Mac

That's the great thing. Anyone, everyone that posts likes and dislikes... They're just opinions 😁

I really enjoy my V30 but I wouldn't hate on someone for liking something else.

Glad to see you have something that works for you.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site

My V20 will be 2 years old next month. I would love to find a newer one to use as a backup. They only thing I don't like is the side placement of the volume buttons. I prefer rear ones. Other than that, it is the perfect phone, (for me).

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
That's the great thing. Anyone, everyone that posts likes and dislikes... They're just opinions 😁

I really enjoy my V30 but I wouldn't hate on someone for liking something else.

Glad to see you have something that works for you.

Yes it is just a opinion of mine, however many people here hold the v20 in as high regard as I do, even a few of the techs at the Sprint store as well.... 😉😉😁

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes it is just a opinion of mine, however many people here hold the v20 in as high regard as I do, even a few of the techs at the Sprint store as well.... 😉😉😁

Yeah, I came close to buying the V20 on several occasions before my current choice. My main hold out was the secondary display across the top. Just wasn't a fan.

Other than that I really liked the V20. Actually it was the phone that put the V line on my radar.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

For me, coming from the v10 it has grown on me, but I can understand others mixed feelings about it. It took me a while to really get use to it, but now I use it and without it seems out of place.

MsJazzMaven

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Here's the choices with an LG V20 and an iPhone X:
1) Device Speakers
2) Wireless Headphones
3) Wired Headphones

The same is true of 100% of smartphone flagships that have been released in the last 8 years.

Nobody is discussing wired SPEAKERS! I plug my mounted LG Stylo 2 phone into an old boombox with detachable speakers through the headphone jack. Sounds great. Along with my Bluetooth keyboard, and a suite of AndrOpen Office, this setup serves as my desktop. BTW, on every LG phone I ever owned, the battery swelled up after a while, probably from keeping it plugged into the charger. If the battery were sealed into the phone, it would have become another paperweight. Imagine this with a more expensive model. With a removable battery, I go online, order a new battery and swap out the old one, effectively prolonging the life of the phone indefinitely. And, if I want to upgrade, my next phone will be a used V20, flashed to Boost Mobile. Incidentally, nobody mentioned the IR blaster, which enables the device to function as a remote control. Plus all the surround options for recording and manual modes for the camera. The V20 was intended to be a niche model, aimed at people more into tech than average users.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Nobody is discussing wired SPEAKERS! I plug my mounted LG Stylo 2 phone into an old boombox with detachable speakers through the headphone jack. Sounds great.

Still applies, all phones can do this.

The V20 was intended to be a niche model, aimed at people more into tech than average users.

I agree with the first part of this, but disagree with the second. If it was aimed at the tech savvy, I think we would have seen more of a focus on a) new tech, b) better quality display, c) much better camera performance with default settings and d) a marketing presentation pitting it's technological advantages against the mainstream phones. The shortcuts that were taken don't make sense in light of the contemporary market and the advantages that the phone has, which are only two things, the manual camera controls and the audio, relative to the contemporary competition, don't outweigh the shortcuts on things that we interact more with, such as the display.

Obviously this is anecdotal, but in day to day activities, I speak frequently with some of the nerdiest android fans around, people that are incredibly tech savvy and spend a lot of time in these forums discussing features, etc. The things that I think are at the top of all of our lists for device quality are a) display quality b) battery life c) camera and d) security. LG doesn't have an argument to make in those categories, they instead went super-niche and were playing to their strengths, which they should - but that does not make it more appealing to tech savvy consumers. In present day, with the exception of the removable battery crowd, the V20 isn't even on radar. There are several V20 diehards, and that's fantastic that they got what they loved, but the V20 cannot reasonably compete with any flagships from the current era, including LG's more recent devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool