Upgrading my T-Mobile V20?

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm ready to upgrade my V20. T-Mobile will be selling both upcoming devices, the V40 and One Plus 6T.

From what I've seen of the rumored specs of both devices, I can't go wrong with either one. I've had my V20 since launch and I love it, but these two new devices are going to be sweet.

Do I really need to upgrade? Not to mention Oreo for the V20 is right around the corner. Which device will be better? Hmm... Decisions, decisions.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same place you are.......I'd like to upgrade my V20 but so much is happening right now, especially if you throw the Note 9 into the mix!

The only issue I had with my V20 was battery life. I recently bought a new OEM battery for my V20 and it is as good as new. Given that my favorite feature on the V20 is the dedicated DAC, I have decided to wait and see what the V40 has to offer.

The 6T is an interesting development and I'd like to learn more about that too. The possibility of a top tier phone for hundreds of dollars less than the leading brands is attractive though I know the sound quality won't match LG's V series.

As you mentioned, Oreo is arriving soon for the V20 and I think I'm going to keep waiting so I can see how Oreo impacts my V20. If all seems OK, I may wait until 2019 and see what happens. 5G and in-screen finger print readers are just around the corner. In-screen finger-print readers are not a big deal, but, 5G will be a game changer. It is an interesting time.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm ready to upgrade my V20. T-Mobile will be selling both upcoming devices, the V40 and One Plus 6T.

From what I've seen of the rumored specs of both devices, I can't go wrong with either one. I've had my V20 since launch and I love it, but these two new devices are going to be sweet.

Do I really need to upgrade? Not to mention Oreo for the V20 is right around the corner. Which device will be better? Hmm... Decisions, decisions.
You, me and LuvMusic are on the same page. Coming from several LG devices, I've got the S8 and I really don't need to upgrade. The phones great but the battery has some wear and tear and I've got the itch. I'm excited at the prospect of getting back to LG but the OnePlus 6T is very intriguing. Basically I'm waiting on reviews.

Last edited:

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
You, me and LuvMusic are on the same page. Coming from several LG devices, I've got the S8 and I really don't need to upgrade. The phones great but the battery has some wear and tear and I've got the itch. I'm excited at the prospect of getting back to LG but the OnePlus 6T if very intriguing. Basically I'm waiting on reviews.

Excatly... I'm a fan of the removable battery and I love the DAC. I know the days of removable batteries are pretty much gone, but we will get the DAC in the V40.

I have a funny feeling that the OnePlus 6T is going to be hard to beat, especially if the rumors of a sub $600 price point are true.

You, me, and LuvMusic are going to have fun making our decisions. One thing will be for sure, we won't be disappointed in whichever device we end up with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz