V20 multiple sensor problems

esl57

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
Hi. I have a problem with my v20. It seems 3 of the sensors don't work. The proximity sensor, the light sensor, and the compass sensor. It seems they have never worked.

Here are the symptoms:

When I first got the phone, in 3/2017, I tried to use one of those star gazing app, and it didn't work. I figured it was a software bug, and didn't think of it again.

The auto brightness has never worked.

When in a phone call, the screen goes dim, then shuts off every few seconds, unless I slide the "swipe to use call features". This happens whether or not the proximity sensor is covered.

I recently tried some sensor testing apps, and they say that those 3 sensors are not available. I tried rebooting, factory reset, and booting in safe mode, with no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? I want to keep this phone for a little longer, but these problems are annoying.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My V30 did not have these issues. LG phones prior to the V20 had some major issues, in particular, a boot loop issue. This was resolved and the V20 is not known to have this issue. HOWEVER as a result of these issues and as a good faith issue to customers, LG has extended and is know to extend their warranty of their devices. You MAY still have a shot at a warranty repair. You can check your status here...

https://lg-dfs-warranty.com/warranty-lookup

And even if you ARE expired you may want to contact them anyways. My brother was able to get a warranty repair on his V10, about 2 months after the warranty had expired. His rep was very nice and helpful. It don't hurt to reach out to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome