11-01-2018 11:25 PM
42 12
tools
    My experience is worse. I really miss the edit functions that used to be in the stock gallery like rotating picture andcropping picture. I hate having to use a separate app to dk it. My battery life is the same but I exclude all the apps I want updated from sleeping so gmail, email, outlook, BeWeather and a few others can update notifications regularly. My phone seldom dozes. That said I am a heavy userso screen is seldom off for long. I've asked before and will ask again - what great new features did Oreo bring? Gallery and folders suck. Battery life is the same.
    Are you sure it's not there? People say it's there and you can still rotate images..
    Android oreo on lg v20-screenshot_2018-10-15-17-44-31.jpg
    10-15-2018 07:46 PM
    Are you sure it's not there? People say it's there and you can still rotate images..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-15-17-44-31.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	292291
    There is an edit button on the bottom. When you click it you get choices of where to edit. Nine of the choices are gallery.
    10-15-2018 08:00 PM
    A new weirdness: if I use the microphone from my keyboard, the google mic no longer appears at the bottom, below the app's text entry area, but instead over it. It doesn't type the text directly in, but instead pops up a screan to show it to you and you then have to entire it. Is there a way to go back to the previous method? This is driving me nuts. I only use the dictation feature when I'm in the car, and this defeats the purpose of having it voice controlled!
    10-16-2018 11:42 AM
    A new weirdness: if I use the microphone from my keyboard, the google mic no longer appears at the bottom, below the app's text entry area, but instead over it. It doesn't type the text directly in, but instead pops up a screan to show it to you and you then have to entire it. Is there a way to go back to the previous method? This is driving me nuts. I only use the dictation feature when I'm in the car, and this defeats the purpose of having it voice controlled!
    Can you screen shot your issue?
    notacoach likes this.
    10-16-2018 01:13 PM
    Fixed it - Google Voice typing needed to be set to "on".
    10-18-2018 08:38 AM
    Update: the new handset Tmo sent to replace the one the update borked shipped with Nougat, but the backup I had done was Oreo so I decided it was best just to bite the bullet and update the new one before I swapped everything over.

It's now fabulous. Battery life is sick good so far and everything is running very fast. All connectivity is great this time.

My advice is, if you update, to do a major full backup first (possibly two using different methods eg LG backup plus a 3rd party app) and factory reset after updating. It's like getting a brand new phone.

I mentioned a couple of Oreo features I liked up thread, but will add that while setting the notification options are a little time consuming, it is actually great to be able to select what you want to see from each program.

While getting to this point has been a pain, end result is A+. I won't be replacing the V20 until I absolutely have to, and I'm hoping that won't be for at least a year. With swappable batteries and a new lease of life via Ofeo, it's still a fast powerhouse of a machine (with the best audio recorder I've heard in any phone!!)
    huntnyc likes this.
    10-21-2018 08:05 AM
    I mentioned a couple of Oreo features I liked up thread, but will add that while setting the notification options are a little time consuming, it is actually great to be able to select what you want to see from each program.
    Ahhhh.......notifications in Oreo.........the one feature I have found to be a major PITA, especially if you use a smart watch. While Oreo provides you with a lot of notification flexibility it does come at the expense of complexity.

When my V20 updated to Oreo, I stopped receiving email notifications on my smartwatch. And between system settings, app settings and battery saving settings it took me days to get the right combination of on / off toggles. There is an opportunity to make this easier.
    notacoach likes this.
    10-21-2018 10:37 AM
    Im buying what is said to be a new LG V20, and I am thinking of updating it to Oreo before I start using it.

I really dont want issues, and I dont really care if it has Oreo or not. But if I'm going to to pushed into updating to Oreo I'm thinking its better to do it now before I load all of my stuff on it.

With Oreo do you lose the 2nd screen on the V20 ?

What do you think should I just leave it alone or should I update it to Oreo ?

Thx
    notacoach likes this.
    10-21-2018 11:07 AM
    No change to the second screen functions :-) frankly, the second screen is one of the main reasons I don't want to move to another phone - it is one of the best features about the v20 and I use it all the time!
    huntnyc and tube517 like this.
    10-21-2018 11:15 AM
    After my device received Oreo I performed a factory reset. The battery life on this is way better than my Note 8, so much so that I moved my main SIM to it. Great performance etc.
    tube517, huntnyc and notacoach like this.
    10-21-2018 06:40 PM
    Anyone know how to activate colour button in settings??? In my navigation bar, messeges etc is orange and I have not idea how to change?? Colour button is not active at all. Anyone have same issue? Please help
    10-23-2018 01:58 AM
    Hey guy Im still looking for input on the below, got any advice ???

Im buying what is said to be a new LG V20, and I am thinking of updating it to Oreo before I start using it.

I really dont want issues, and I dont really care if it has Oreo or not. But if I'm going to to pushed into updating to Oreo I'm thinking its better to do it now before I load all of my stuff on it.

What do you think should I just leave it alone or should I update it to Oreo ?

Thx
    10-25-2018 10:43 AM
    Yes, do it first. I had zero issues with the replacement handset where I updated before setting it up. After the usual "new system" niggles while I got used to the differences, I give Oreo a thumbs up. Fast, and improved battery life.
    huntnyc likes this.
    10-27-2018 07:03 PM
    Yes, do it first. I had zero issues with the replacement handset where I updated before setting it up. After the usual "new system" niggles while I got used to the differences, I give Oreo a thumbs up. Fast, and improved battery life.
    I got the phone and tried to do the software update but it keeps telling me the software is up to date even tho its not.

10-28-2018 10:08 AM
    I got the phone and tried to do the software update but it keeps telling me the software is up to date even tho its not.

It will depend on the provider maybe? I'm tmo, and it was pushed Ota.
    10-28-2018 10:51 AM

If it's an AT&T phone, it will not update without an AT&T sim card.
    10-31-2018 10:09 PM
    Stay with Nougat. It's stable, solid and reliable. Google eliminated the black background in Oreo across all devices, not just the V20. My philosophy is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The trivial features provided are just not worth it on an otherwise very good device for business, excellent for music and creative pursuits.
    huntnyc, christianttt and recDNA like this.
    11-01-2018 11:25 PM
42 12