I talked to somebody from LG today about my battery swelling and they wanted to know when I bought the v20 & from whom. The phone is only 5½ months old and they say it's not warrantied because it wasn't purchased from an authorized dealer. I wonder if you all knew this? This would be in the United States.
    09-29-2018 05:44 PM
    I don't have any insurance on the phone but I wonder if I did get it would they be able to deny a claim because it was not purchased from an authorized dealer? I wonder what insurance would cost on this phone now and could I even get it or do I want it?

I cannot scroll up.
    09-29-2018 05:48 PM
    One of the selling points of this phone is that you can pick up an extra battery on the cheap.
    09-29-2018 05:51 PM
    I really didn't care about the battery. I was curious what they would say about the phone. So, if something goes wrong with the phone, LG won't honor it because it was purchased from eBay a non authorized dealer.
    09-29-2018 06:01 PM
    I really didn't care about the battery. I was curious what they would say about the phone. So, if something goes wrong with the phone, LG won't honor it because it was purchased from eBay a non authorized dealer.
    Pretty much.
    09-29-2018 07:53 PM
    Buyer beware. The reason warranties are not honored when purchasing through unauthorized retailers is because the chain of custody has been broken, the retailers may be selling known defective/tampered/cloned devices, etc. You shouldn't expect sites like eBay to have authorized sellers for anything.
    ffejjj and tube517 like this.
    09-29-2018 08:43 PM
    The good part wit the V20 is that battery replacement is pretty cheap, like <20. Now, if the battery created other problems...
    09-29-2018 09:19 PM
    The stock battery is fairly useless. And they haven't been made in several years. Batteries go bad whether are not used or not. Just throw it out and get another one. Ideally some kind of ZeroLemon battery.

They make nice 10,000 batteries.
    10-01-2018 12:30 PM
    I talked to somebody from LG today about my battery swelling and they wanted to know when I bought the v20 & from whom. The phone is only 5½ months old and they say it's not warrantied because it wasn't purchased from an authorized dealer. I wonder if you all knew this? This would be in the United States.
    I had a G5 that I purchased on Ebay and LG serviced it. I simply uploaded a copy of the eBay invoice when I submitted the repair request online.
    10-01-2018 12:37 PM
    I had a G5 that I purchased on Ebay and LG serviced it. I simply uploaded a copy of the eBay invoice when I submitted the repair request online.
    They didn't even want the bill from eBay/PayPal. They said no. Seriously, it's that easy to clone a phone and manufacture it? And they have the IMEI number, doesn't that tell them that they made the phone?
    10-02-2018 08:44 AM
    They didn't even want the bill from eBay/PayPal. They said no. Seriously, it's that easy to clone a phone and manufacture it? And they have the IMEI number, doesn't that tell them that they made the phone?
    If refer you to my comment above, and the IMEI can be changed/spoofed.
    10-02-2018 09:12 AM
    I didn't speak to anyone....I submitted request online through their system
    10-02-2018 09:27 AM
    I don't have any insurance on the phone but I wonder if I did get it would they be able to deny a claim because it was not purchased from an authorized dealer? I wonder what insurance would cost on this phone now and could I even get it or do I want it?

I cannot scroll up.
    Insurance is usually only available with 30 days of purchase
    10-02-2018 09:30 AM