How can I prevent Presidential Alerts?

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I want to try to block the FEMA emergency text alert scheduled for mid afternoon today. [removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

While I DO understand what you are saying, I don't think it's possible to turn off those alerts. It's an emergency alert system, just like the one you see tested on TV occasionally. Turning off the phone should prevent it from coming to your device, BUT other than that you are SOL. Even then you are still going to hear many other phones from others nearby you at that time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

mweeks3

Oct 3, 2018
Visit site
re:

Hi - I removed the other part and left it only to the tech part. We have a political section if you want to talk about your feelings on politics -- since that isn't here we are keeping it tech related.

You can't turn off Presidential Alerts. You can read more on that here...

https://www.androidcentral.com/amber-alerts-and-android-what-you-need-know

My alerts are on (S7 Edge) and I did not receive the alert, never receive Amber alerts either. Cannot figure out why.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
re:

Hi - I removed the other part and left it only to the tech part. We have a political section if you want to talk about your feelings on politics -- since that isn't here we are keeping it tech related.

You can't turn off Presidential Alerts. You can read more on that here...

https://www.androidcentral.com/amber-alerts-and-android-what-you-need-know
My understanding is that you can disable it with a bit of work.

I wouldn't recommend it but for those interested :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...root-disable-presidential-alert-text-t3841385

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
re:

Well yeah obviously with root.. But I just used some common knowledge that if the person is asking about it they obviously aren't a true root person so... yep .
Not sure where you are getting the information that root is required. The link explicitly states that root is not required, although you will need a computer if you aren't rooted.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Not sure where you are getting the information that root is required. The link explicitly states that root is not required, although you will need a computer if you aren't rooted.

It mainly says root. I am not going to dig much into it.

Either way if someone is asking about disabling this it is common sense that they aren't into XDA and modding their phones -- otherwise they would have known since Presidential Alerts aren't new at all and have been known for awhile.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
For those who DO want to disable these alerts, I marked a "best answer" :) I agree though, for your average joe, its just easier to say they can't be disabled. ;)

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to try to block the FEMA emergency text alert scheduled for mid afternoon today. [removed]

Download 'LG Package Disabler Pro' on the Play Store and disable "Emergency Alerts". You can also use ADB commands to remove it too, but that one is a little more complicated. Be glad we have V20s.. we could completely remove the battery to prevent any tracking or access to the phone. All sealed battery phones can be turned on remotely.

Screenshot_2018-10-05-09-09-43-01.jpg

Screenshot_2018-10-03-11-32-16.jpg

Screenshot_2018-10-05-09-27-48.jpg

Screenshot_2018-10-05-09-16-53.jpg

tickerguy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
"All sealed battery phones can be turned on remotely" -- Nonsense.

Please stop posting garbage conspiracy idiocy. Seriously.