Textra not sending MMS

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble sending MMS messages via texture? I can do it through the generic messaging from LG or Android but it just doesn't go through with Textra. I'm not sure if this was before or after the Oreo update.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Change your MMS settings in Textra to "Legacy" if System MMS is not working or change to System if Legacy is not working.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue with Textra after upgrading to Oreo. All texts from my wife (other people were fine) were coming through on the LG texting app.....very annoying. I shutdown the phone, pulled the battery, waited for about a minute then reinstalled the battery and started the phone up. Problem solved.

Mindibeth Wynne

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
This has been an ongoing issue, especially if your cell carrier is Sprint. I could not get any MMS messages and very few SMS messages of lengrh. I LOVED using Textra for the individual notification sounds for texts, but had to switch back to my default app because I was not getting important messages from my rescue squad. I keep trying to find out if the problem is corrected yet or not, but so far I cant fins anything recent or new to tell me it has.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried contacting Textra support? They are extremely fast in responding and are also very efficient. I contacted them when my Textra messages were not sending (but they were from my normal SMS app); and they got back to me promptly and then helped me solve the issue.

VillaRegina

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Every time textra does an upgrade it doesn't allow mms to work for days afterward!!! Unacceptable!!! How can you get to the developers to let them know??? I cannot keep using it if this keeps happening! Stressful to deal with!!! I paid for pro use and now regret it!!! I do not recommend textra to anyone anymore!!! This comment is in all caps to hopefully actually get the attention of someone from textra who might be monitoring this. Last night upgrade... Today no mms!!! Aaaarrrrrggggghhhh!!!

the_behr

Feb 17, 2019
Visit site
Every time textra does an upgrade it doesn't allow mms to work for days afterward!!! Unacceptable!!! How can you get to the developers to let them know??? I cannot keep using it if this keeps happening! Stressful to deal with!!! I paid for pro use and now regret it!!! I do not recommend textra to anyone anymore!!! This comment is in all caps to hopefully actually get the attention of someone from textra who might be monitoring this. Last night upgrade... Today no mms!!! Aaaarrrrrggggghhhh!!!

I finally gave up on Textra.... was great at first.... but so many issue's came as time went by and I lost of patience with this app.
Have switched over to Google MOOD.... and will have to say its far superior to Textra.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Is Mood a Google product?

My problem was AT&T where my upload speed on 4G LTE was dreadful. I have a feeling I posted the wrong screen but after screaming at AT&T for almost a year they got the upload to 1mb/sec and download is 8 something, dreadful. I wish we could do messaging with WiFi. I know I can email but for some that's a bridge too far. I want to the credit for a year's poor service and they wouldn't do it.

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-02-04-14-22-36.jpg
    Capture+_2019-02-04-14-22-36.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance