Gear S3 not compatible with V20.... Anymore!? Ugh!

kal_el_5011

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Got a Samsung Gear S3 for Christmas last year. Paired it with my V20. Worked fine for a few months.

Then it stopped pairing successfully. I had to factory reset the watch anytime I wanted it paired.

The times it did pair without factory reset, the gear software wouldn't recognize it but the phone would......sometimes.

Finally got a hold of Samsung. After them not being able to find the device with the serial number at first, they finally found it.

Then told me that the watch is not compatible with the V20. I don't want the watch if it won't pair and give me ALL the features.

So now I need to sell it off. Smh. I'm not going to get the full value to purchase another smart watch that is compatible.

sixbears

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier has all the firmware updates and had no issues pairing it up with my LG V20 that is updated to android 8.0

kal_el_5011

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well you are correct, it is not listed as a compatible watch only the V10. The Galaxy watch however is compatible with the V20.
Bwajaja, what a numerous response. That is exactly what I would have said in the months it was working.

However after my watch and phone stopped syncing up regularly and I finally decided to contact Samsung about it.

There response was grand.

Again, my friend, I was in your exact position. Take it back now if you still can and find one that is compatible. I'm trying to sell mine off to get another one.
8330bd8b90cc6ad787c1964e62879c56.jpg
c0210e0405db4dac7c5322c629f534cb.jpg

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Got a Samsung Gear S3 for Christmas last year. Paired it with my V20. Worked fine for a few months.

Then it stopped pairing successfully. I had to factory reset the watch anytime I wanted it paired.

The times it did pair without factory reset, the gear software wouldn't recognize it but the phone would......sometimes.

Finally got a hold of Samsung. After them not being able to find the device with the serial number at first, they finally found it.

Then told me that the watch is not compatible with the V20. I don't want the watch if it won't pair and give me ALL the features.

So now I need to sell it off. Smh. I'm not going to get the full value to purchase another smart watch that is compatible.

My GearFit2 works fine on my V20. Samsung made their watches compatible on all phones now, before it was exclusive to Samsung only. Maybe factory reset your phone? Did you update it to Oreo? Factory reset the watch too. I'm sure it is compatible unless there was an update on the Gear S3 that changed that.

kal_el_5011

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My GearFit2 works fine on my V20. Samsung made their watches compatible on all phones now, before it was exclusive to Samsung only. Maybe factory reset your phone? Did you update it to Oreo? Factory reset the watch too. I'm sure it is compatible unless there was an update on the Gear S3 that changed that.
Did you read my response above and look at their website? It is not compatible. Regardless of what we say or experience, Samsung has stated it is not compatible.

This didn't mean it would not work but if it did stop working, then they're not responsible because they didn't make it compatible.

I say great to you and others. How long has yours been working with your V20? I think I got at least three solid months before it stopped working regularly. Then I waited longer before I got in contact with Samsung.