5G Is Coming

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Keeping my V20 until 5G phones arrive and reviews are in. Thought about a Note 9 but since my V20 has been flawless I plan to hold off a year or two.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Even if 5G phones come in, there's no 5G service, so the modems could be absolutely useless and no one would know.

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I am on Verizon and have gigabit fios at home with 5G wifi. I am sure they will deploy it in NJ asap which they did for a lot of other services like call waiting, etc. We are their test bed.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I remember when 4G (LTE) rolled out. Horrible modems, horrible battery life, hot phones from said signal problems.

I'll gladly wait until a complete rollout and mature devices.

There is nothing I do on my phone that 5G will dramatically improve.

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I remember when 4G (LTE) rolled out. Horrible modems, horrible battery life, hot phones from said signal problems.

I'll gladly wait until a complete rollout and mature devices.

There is nothing I do on my phone that 5G will dramatically improve.

Very true.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon and have gigabit fios at home with 5G wifi. I am sure they will deploy it in NJ asap which they did for a lot of other services like call waiting, etc. We are their test bed.
5G is a mobile data protocol. Your Wi-Fi is 5GHz, which is just a frequency it runs on and your internet speed is determined by your Fios connection.

As far as 5G mobile is concerned, nothing about it has excited me. 4G is still more than fast enough for me and I can't help but chuckle at all the people that think phones like the Note 9 are obsolete because they don't have the 5G modem (you know, the one that isn't even on the market yet to anyone).

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I plan to try to try keep my V20 2 more years before i buy a new phone. Spending my social security on a new phone just to send texts makes no sense.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
My 4G LTE totally sucks I'm under 10 megabytes per second on the download and between .1 and .3 on the upload from AT&T in Delray Beach Florida. It's horrendous and they put in an order to fix it and of course nothing was fixed.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Keeping my V20 until 5G phones arrive and reviews are in. Thought about a Note 9 but since my V20 has been flawless I plan to hold off a year or two.

Battery killer.. 4G LTE is fast enough for me, don't understand why you would need any faster. Burn through your data faster too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood