Freezing After Oreo Update

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So my V20 occasionally freezes since the Oreo update. Tried clearing cache and I shut off my phone nightly. It happens maybe once or twice a day.

I know some others have had the same problem. Has anyone tried a system factory reset? I hate to go through all the work of setting it up again if it is to no avail.

Thanks!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So my V20 occasionally freezes since the Oreo update. Tried clearing cache and I shut off my phone nightly. It happens maybe once or twice a day.

I know some others have had the same problem. Has anyone tried a system factory reset? I hate to go through all the work of setting it up again if it is to no avail.

Thanks!

Factory reset is always recommended after a full OS update.. I'm sure that will fix the problem. If you go to the Google Play Store and click on My Apps & Games, then click on Library.. you can see all of your downloaded apps from the Play Store.. so when you do a factory reset, go here and you'll see your entire list of apps.

I opted not to update because I already like it the way it is. Also because I have a collection of themes and they will not likely work properly anymore.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset is always recommended after a full OS update.. I'm sure that will fix the problem. If you go to the Google Play Store and click on My Apps & Games, then click on Library.. you can see all of your downloaded apps from the Play Store.. so when you do a factory reset, go here and you'll see your entire list of apps.

I opted not to update because I already like it the way it is. Also because I have a collection of themes and they will not likely work properly anymore.
I don't really want the updated apps. Tgey often contain more ads. If I use LG Backup instead will I get my old apps back? Will it restore folders and app sign ins?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't really want the updated apps. Tgey often contain more ads. If I use LG Backup instead will I get my old apps back? Will it restore folders and app sign ins?

The best way to prevent that is to download an .apk extractor app.. extract it using the .apk extractor app, then manually copy and back up the .apk over the cloud like Google Drive or Dropbox. Then you will have that certain version of the app forever. Just download it again and install it when you setup your new phone (best thing about Android is the freedom to sideload easily). I too turn off app updates due to developer updated/added ads on the apps.

I use this one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tutorialsface.apkextractorlite

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The best way to prevent that is to download an .apk extractor app.. extract it using the .apk extractor app, then manually copy and back up the .apk over the cloud like Google Drive or Dropbox. Then you will have that certain version of the app forever. Just download it again and install it when you setup your new phone (best thing about Android is the freedom to sideload easily). I too turn off app updates due to developer updated/added ads on the apps.

I use this one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tutorialsface.apkextractorlite
Do you know LG Backup saves homescreen settings and folders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol