I was just thinking and remembered something I noticed when I bought my V20. This phone was not only free, but Verizon effectively paid me $50 for it. Now that the payment plans are wrapping up for the initial buyers that still have a V20, I figured I'd revisit the topic.

Those of us on Verizon got the cheapest price at $672. When you calculate the MSRP of the free ear buds (though admittedly I didn't like them and wouldn't pay $20 for them), generous trade in credits, and the other promotional stuff, it added up to well over $700 that more than offset the cost of the phone.

Go us. Lol
    11-12-2018 12:32 PM
    I was just thinking and remembered something I noticed wheni bought my V20. This phone was not only free, but Verizon effectively paid me $50 for it. Now that the payment plans are wrapping up for the initial buyers that still have a V20, I figured I'd revisit the topic.

Those of us on Verizon got the cheapest price at $672. When you calculate the MSRP of the free ear buds (though admittedly I didn't like them and wouldn't pay $20 for them), generous trade in credits, and the other promotional stuff, it added up to well over $700 that more than offset the cost of the phone.

Go us. Lol
    I paid $800 at launch but with the promotional items (sold the headphones and tablet), it came down to about $600. Nothing is really free, you pay for it through your high monthly cost of your phone bill (average $70-80 per month per person). I only pay $30 a month thanks to a special T-Mobile/Walmart plan but I don't qualify for any deals nor do I get and type of customer support from T-Mobile but it's still worth it in the end.
    11-12-2018 12:38 PM
    I was just thinking and remembered something I noticed wheni bought my V20. This phone was not only free, but Verizon effectively paid me $50 for it. Now that the payment plans are wrapping up for the initial buyers that still have a V20, I figured I'd revisit the topic.

Go us. Lol
    I only paid a flat 299 for my V20, extended my contract 2 more years which is about up.
    11-12-2018 02:34 PM
    I only paid a flat 299 for my V20, extended my contract 2 more years which is about up.
    They got rid of "contracts" but it's sorta still there (subsidized phones and agreements/payment plans). So you pay $299 (plus tax of the phone), then they pay the rest which is $300-400 but they get their money back in 5 months. With 2 year agreement, they make money off it.
    11-12-2018 02:42 PM

Go us. Lol
    Those earbuds actually work great once you burn them in. Not alot of bass but very clean sound
    11-29-2018 08:50 PM
    Those earbuds actually work great once you burn them in. Not alot of bass but very clean sound
    Ear buds are never really comfortable for me, and those wires were too thin and fragile to be trusted with heavy use. They sounded respectable once I got them situated in my ear, which often took several attempts, but they would work their way out over time anyway (and yes I did try the different sized inserts).
    11-30-2018 05:28 AM
    Ear buds are never really comfortable for me, and those wires were too thin and fragile to be trusted with heavy use. They sounded respectable once I got them situated in my ear, which often took several attempts, but they would work their way out over time anyway (and yes I did try the different sized inserts).
    OK but I never had that problem
    12-01-2018 02:55 PM