Keep Awake App /Widget

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I used to. use. caffeine to keep my phone awake but it. is. apparently not. available for oreo. Can someone suggest another that works?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That's a different app by a different developer with only a few users. Might be OK. Might not. I try to stick to apps with 4.5+ rating with at least 10k downloads.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's a different app by a different developer with only a few users. Might be OK. Might not. I try to stick to apps with 4.5+ rating with at least 10k downloads.
Yeah, I completely agree with you. That app doesn't seem very bad, though, not unreasonable permissions and it looks like a Tasker profile made an app.

If you don't find any good app you could create a widget/shortcut to the display settings and manually change the sleep time. In older Android versions there was an stay awake toggle in the Developer Options but I think now it only affects when the phone is charging.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I do only want it awake when charging so it stays on while I'm driving.
Oh, then you could create a shortcut to the developer options and manually toggle this option on & off. There are some apps that can help you with this (Nova Activities for example) and there are some very specific paid apps that will let you automate this process.

Maybe Tasker could be an "easier" option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay