LG V20 vs LG G5 for gaming

uraniumhexoflorite

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
I've been looking at the G5 and the V20's benchmarks and they look odd. Some show the V20 in the lead a bit while others show the G5 scoring twice as much despite both phones having the same SoC. Since the benchmarks are conflicting, I was wondering what people have noticed in real world use. Which is better for gaming in the real world?

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I have both but don't do a lot of gaming. From the little that I have done I didn't notice any difference except the obvious. The V20 is a tad bigger but the AOD can be a bit annoying.

Anthow68

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a V20 and my son has a G5. His seems to struggle just a little bit more than mine when playing games such as PUBG.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking at the G5 and the V20's benchmarks and they look odd. Some show the V20 in the lead a bit while others show the G5 scoring twice as much despite both phones having the same SoC. Since the benchmarks are conflicting, I was wondering what people have noticed in real world use. Which is better for gaming in the real world?

Don't pay attention to benchmarks, real world usage is not the same. The V20 and G5 both have identical internals: Snapdragon 820 with 4GB RAM.. both very excellent choices for gaming, though the V20 gets the edge because the screen is definitely larger (5.7 vs 5.3 inch) plus the V20 has 64GB onboard storage which is better for gaming. Android games don't need that much power, most of the games are optimized for all phones. The V20 will serve you well.. plus with the built in Quad DAC, you will get a much better audio experience when gaming using headphones.. and it also has WAY better microphone setup so if you're playing online games that allows voice chatting, again the V20 is going to be much better. Plus the V20 has a better removable battery back plate so you can actually upgrade the battery to a very large battery for prolonged gaming (check on Amazon), while the G5 doesn't really have something like that because the battery comes from the bottom. I'd say get the V20 for gaming.