V20 share media to old Samsung TV?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had this set up and it worked great for years. Recently I did a factory reset and we also have Oreo now and I can't connect to tv . I don't know if I did it before on media sharing DLNA or screen sharing. In gallery a symbol that looked like a tv shows up when I tap a pic. I tried it but no luck. Just spins forever
My tv has no screen sharing option so I am trying All Share. tv and v20 on same wifi network but phone not on allshare list in tv. I don't know how.to add it.

Anybody know how.to do this? I know before I could only display pictures or videos from gallery. It would not show phone homescreen nor any app so it wasn't true screen sharing. When I scan for screen sharing or media sharing tv doesn't show up. I don't know if I have to be in some special screen on tv. I went to menu network allshare where it lists my ipad but not the phone. I don't know how to get the tv to scan for the phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This morning the screen sharing I spoke of turned on again by itself. I did nothing. I checked and screen sharing and DLNA are both turned off!

When I click on the tv icon in gallery I get a notification that says gallery content sharing is on. I have no idea what tech it uses. Nothing is set up on tv to allow it. It just works. Do you know how?
Somehow this icon turned up in gallery and when I press it the icon turns green the picture or video in gallery shows on the tv. It only works in gallery as far as I know. What sort of screen sharing is this? It turns itself on apparently.
b0e4773551847d7792b8c2690b42c545.jpg

The one thing I found turned on in my phone is something called direct share. It shares pictures videos files or contacts with nearby tv or devices. What tech it uses I have no idea. Google calls it a direct pipeline but I don't know whether it is DLNA or miracast or mhl or what? It just takes over my tv screen whatever I am watching. No need to switch inputs.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Direct share is direct wifi or peer-to-peer wifi - no router needed. The phone contacts the TV directly and if they can both do p2p, it just works.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Direct share is direct wifi or peer-to-peer wifi - no router needed. The phone contacts the TV directly and if they can both do p2p, it just works.
Direct wifi is a separate setting and requires an adapter in my tv hdmi. I use it sometimes. It mirrors the phone. This is not that. It only works in gallery and requires tv and phone on same wifi network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12