DO NOT PURCHASE a LG V20 H990DS, although it is truly a beautiful smart phone, probably one of the most feature rich phones I have every owned. Unfortunately it is also the WORST telephone I have ever had the miss fortunate to purchase.

In my home, where my iPhone7, HTC One m9, Samsung Galaxy S9 and even ZTE 124 all normally have three, to four, bars of reception.......my brand new LG V20 H990ds has at best zero, to two bars of reception. The LG V20 suffers from very poor receiver sensitivity and selectivity; it is basically deaf....in fact it has the worst reception capabilities of any phone I have seen, used, repaired, or owned in the past 38 years.

To make matters worse the Transmission side is equally as weak as the receiver side.

I have had the motherboard replaced twice, by LG Service and yesterday LG Service washed their hands of the problem. They say they have done everything humanly possible and there is nothing more LG can do.

Unfortunately a mobile that cannot receive, or make phone calls (unless you happen to be within 100 metres of a mobile tower) is somewhat useless, especially in Australia. So although the LG V20 is one of the most brilliant mobile phones ever made, unfortunately it is also probably the worst mobile phone I have had the misfortune to purchase. DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE! DO NOT PURCHASE A LG V20 H990DS MOBILE PHONE, unless you don't wish to make, or receive telephone calls, then it is truly one of the best smart phones (Fablet?) on the market.
    02-06-2019 05:21 PM
    I'm sorry you've had bad luck with the V20. However, nobody will have to be concerned about issues going forward, since there are none being sold new any longer. The V20 has been supplanted by both the V30 and the V40.
    02-06-2019 05:28 PM
    It's a 2 year old phone with little to no reason to buy it today. Also although I don't own one myself, service seemed fine in the states.
    kal_el_5011 likes this.
    02-06-2019 06:19 PM
    my v20 is the best phone I ever owned. reception wise excellent, on verizon.
    It must be your carrier or else you got a defective phone.
    02-07-2019 05:36 PM
    I too had reception issues on my device. My son didn't have reception problems like me I'm the same exact spot

Moved on to a different phone with good reception.
    02-07-2019 10:14 PM
    It sounds as if LG was "fixing" the wrong problem. They should have replaced the antenna. I had a V20 for a while (returned it for other reasons) and in poor signal areas, it performed very well.
    02-08-2019 01:39 PM
    Isn't the ds model dual sim international model? It might not have all the US LTE bands.
    02-26-2019 11:15 AM