When I delete something it says it's going to trash. Does trash ever get deleted automatically and if not where is it and how do we clean it out?

In a related issue, when I setup my email it seems as though the server keeps all the junk mail it doesn't send it through. I guess that's a good thing but you have to go to the server check your junk mail. In Outlook on my Windows computer with comes through but not on the LG v20. I'm wondering if there was a setting I didn't set to have it all come through. I may be looking for trouble and maybe I should be checking the server but that's a pain in the neck.
    03-11-2019 12:03 PM
    1. There's no "trash" in Android, but some apps keep deleted files in case you want them back. That's on an app by app basis.

2. If you use gmail, trash gets dumped after it sits there for 2 weeks, so there's no need to "clean it our" regularly, And if the account is an IMAP account (on any email service, not just gmail), deleting files on the phone (or on the PC) doesn't delete them on the server - unless you've set the server up to do that. (The default is to not, The purpose of an IMAP account is that you may be using the account from multiple devices, or multiple people may be using an account, and you may not want an email on a particular device, but deleting it shouldn't affect other devices. Setting the account as POP3 means that "delete" is on the server unless the client has a "don't delete from the server" option.)
    03-11-2019 12:23 PM