I went to the dark side and I'm happier than Darth Vader. People samsung makes 1 hell of a phone, better reception, way more options, cases etc. And battery life is unbelievable. It took me many years, I had BB 's, HTC' s & LG's & now I no what I was missing. I can see my screen in sunlight, the better list goes on & on. Bye ☠️ & good luck.
    03-13-2019 11:35 AM
    I'm glad you're liking your new Note 9. What colour did you get?
    03-13-2019 11:55 AM
    I went to the dark side and I'm happier than Darth Vader. People samsung makes 1 hell of a phone, better reception, way more options, cases etc. And battery life is unbelievable. It took me many years, I had BB 's, HTC' s & LG's & now I no what I was missing. I can see my screen in sunlight, the better list goes on & on. Bye & good luck.
    I was the opposite. I had Samsung from s2 to the note 7, then the edge. But realized that Galaxy phones are awesome for the first year. But after that, it's painful.

I'm still on my v20 since near launch and I've upgraded the battery about a year ago and only cause a vacation trip I didn't want to be stuck at a charging station.

I don't regret it. I've considered going back to the note 9 but I've had years worth of experience with Samsung and they just don't add up to my experience with the v20.

Now, it's possible this was a fluke and if I get the v40 it might be as bad as the galaxy. Then I might switch back, who knows.

But glad you're happy with it. We all deserve to be happy!
    03-13-2019 02:33 PM
    Black 128 GB one. I'm very happy with my decision.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-13-2019 02:36 PM
    I'll keep that in mind and let you know. Still have the V20.
    03-13-2019 02:38 PM
    I was the opposite. I had Samsung from s2 to the note 7, then the edge. But realized that Galaxy phones are awesome for the first year. But after that, it's painful.

I'm still on my v20 since near launch and I've upgraded the battery about a year ago and only cause a vacation trip I didn't want to be stuck at a charging station.

I don't regret it. I've considered going back to the note 9 but I've had years worth of experience with Samsung and they just don't add up to my experience with the v20.

Now, it's possible this was a fluke and if I get the v40 it might be as bad as the galaxy. Then I might switch back, who knows.

But glad you're happy with it. We all deserve to be happy!
    Samsungs have changed especially with the One UI
    kal_el_5011 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-26-2019 01:05 AM
    I prefer the V20 because:

1. Removable battery enables you to install an aftermarket ZeroLemon with 2-day runtime, a 10,000mAh cell.

2. 16:9 ratio, not the stupid 18.5:9 that does not scale well for anything.

3. No stupid curved edge.

4. last but not least, price.
    TC93 and huntnyc like this.
    03-27-2019 01:28 PM

1. Removable battery enables you to install an aftermarket ZeroLemon with 2-day runtime, a 10,000mAh cell.

Whose got the curved edge? V40???

Also, what's the practical issue with the scaling?

I'm liking to upgrade to the v40 for $15/month
    03-27-2019 03:33 PM
    I went to the dark side and I'm happier than Darth Vader. People samsung makes 1 hell of a phone, better reception, way more options, cases etc. And battery life is unbelievable. It took me many years, I had BB 's, HTC' s & LG's & now I no what I was missing. I can see my screen in sunlight, the better list goes on & on. Bye & good luck.
    I made the same move. In many ways the V20 is a better phone. Note9 has better specs & battery life. V20 has a more sensitive screen. I often have to tap twice on N9. I hate the curves. Spen is useful for me about once a week.
    03-27-2019 04:43 PM

Have you looked at the last time you had an update?
    03-27-2019 06:22 PM
    Did you trade in your V20 or are you looking to sell it. I can use one as a worldwide GPS
    03-28-2019 08:28 AM
    I made the same move. In many ways the V20 is a better phone. Note9 has better specs & battery life. V20 has a more sensitive screen. I often have to tap twice on N9. I hate the curves. Spen is useful for me about once a week.
    Note 9 *may* have better runtime than V20 with *stock* battery. However, V20 has a multitude of battery options. ZeroLemon comes to mind but there are others, ranging from 4000, 6400, 8000 and 10,000 mAh, depending on how thick you want your phone to be. (I don't mind thickness as it's easier to hold).

There is totally no purpose to curves. What a dumb idea. I accidentally hit screen icons when holding S8+.
    03-29-2019 09:10 AM

I don't have a V20 yet. I have Samsung Galaxy S8+ at the moment, that I plan to gift. Then I plan to get that new Energizer 18,000 mAh 18K "Pop" phone that comes out in July - for myself and upgrade my son's Note 4 to V20, which is a better phone in all ways than Note 4.

But Note 4 is no joke either.
    kal_el_5011 likes this.
    03-29-2019 09:12 AM
    I don't have a V20 yet. I have Samsung Galaxy S8+ at the moment, that I plan to gift. Then I plan to get that new Energizer 18,000 mAh 18K "Pop" phone that comes out in July - for myself and upgrade my son's Note 4 to V20, which is a better phone in all ways than Note 4.

But Note 4 is no joke either.
    Well the last update that was received on Verizon was October which is quite awhile ago.
    03-29-2019 04:01 PM
    Note 9 *may* have better runtime than V20 with *stock* battery. However, V20 has a multitude of battery options. ZeroLemon comes to mind but there are others, ranging from 4000, 6400, 8000 and 10,000 mAh, depending on how thick you want your phone to be. (I don't mind thickness as it's easier to hold).

There is totally no purpose to curves. What a dumb idea. I accidentally hit screen icons when holding S8+.
    Agreed. I'm still a V20 fan but I was getting too much ghosting at the end.
    03-29-2019 07:58 PM
    Samsung is no better for updates. If anything they are worse.
    04-05-2019 07:22 PM
    Samsung sucks w/updates but LG took 2 years to update the v20 from Nougat to Oreo which was awful.

Who knows when the v40 gets pie
    04-05-2019 07:54 PM
    False
    tube517 and recDNA like this.
    04-05-2019 07:56 PM
    Hanging on to my V20 as long as I can.
    User Interface starting to crash occasionally so I don't know how much longer it will last.
    As much as sealed battery life improves, it will never be as good as my replaceable batteries and charger.
    I NEVER have to connect my phone to a charging cord or wireless pad.
    Even if they get a battery that last 3 solid days eventually it will need to be charged and effectively be out of use for a period of time.
    I've used my V20 16 straight hours of screen time with only the 60 second downtime to swap batteries.
    I know I'll eventually have to go with a sealed battery phone but I'm riding my V20 as long as possible.
    tube517, huntnyc and recDNA like this.
    04-07-2019 02:28 AM
    Who cares about updates? I bought a V20 in June 2018 that was and never has been updated. It still works great.
    I recently bought a second V20. It was manufactured in Jan 2018. It came with Android 8.0 on it and has not been updated since Oct 2018.

No complaints here. I believe if I have good security protection (Trend Micro) security won't be an issue. I've not had any yet. Maybe that's a BIG yet but I'd much rather pay only $150.00 for a fantastic older phone with no updates than $1200 for one that receives regular updates.
    09-18-2019 08:12 AM
    Who cares about updates? I bought a V20 in June 2018 that was and never has been updated. It still works great.
    I recently bought a second V20. It was manufactured in Jan 2018. It came with Android 8.0 on it and has not been updated since Oct 2018.

No complaints here. I believe if I have good security protection (Trend Micro) security won't be an issue. I've not had any yet. Maybe that's a BIG yet but I'd much rather pay only $150.00 for a fantastic older phone with no updates than $1200 for one that receives regular updates.
    Lots of people care. Being dismissive of the need for updates doesn't make them any less necessary. Just keep in mind that if you ever encounter an issue due to a lack of an update you really forfeight complain.
    09-18-2019 10:27 AM
    Lots of people care. Being dismissive of the need for updates doesn't make them any less necessary. Just keep in mind that if you ever encounter an issue due to a lack of an update you really forfeight complain.
    You'll never hear me complain about leaving $1000 in my picket.
    I was kind of forced into a phone that didn't get updates (long story). And.. So far so good.
    All's I'm saying is I think having updates on a regular basis is a good idea but not worth the hefty difference in price to get them.
    That's all. You want and need updates? Good for you! I'm content to not to receive them to keep the money. That money more than pays for two decent phone plans and a wireless home phone.
    From my perspective being retired it's the way to go.
    huntnyc likes this.
    09-18-2019 11:19 AM
    You'll never hear me complain about leaving $1000 in my picket.
    I was kind of forced into a phone that didn't get updates (long story). And.. So far so good.
    All's I'm saying is I think having updates on a regular basis is a good idea but not worth the hefty difference in price to get them.
    That's all. You want and need updates? Good for you! I'm content to not to receive them to keep the money. That money more than pays for two decent phone plans and a wireless home phone.
    From my perspective being retired it's the way to go.
    You're associating price with updates. They are mutually exclusive.
    09-18-2019 11:31 AM
    You're associating price with updates. They are mutually exclusive.
    Absolutely! If you want updates it's gonna cost you.
    A flagship phone that receives updates is always going to be more money than one that doesn't because it's most likely to be newer. Am I wrong here?

I have no idea how the topic ended up here but I still love all my V20's. No updates. Paid for! End if discussion.
    09-18-2019 12:29 PM
    A flagship phone that receives updates is always going to be more money than one that doesn't because it's most likely to be newer. Am I wrong here?

I have no idea how the topic ended up here but I still love all my V20's. No updates. Paid for! End if discussion.

The topic ended up here because you chise to respond to my old post and asked the question "Who cares about updates".

Now you're asking me if you're wrong here in the last post. I don't presume to tell anyone they are wrong, but I will present the facts as I see them. Feel free to disagree.

You don't need buy a flagship device to get fast updates. Update periodicity is mostly based on device brand and carrier.

If you are comparing old phones that no longer receive updates, that's mostly the used market and that's a different discussion. You can certainly get a lot of bang for the buck buying an older phone and sometimes you may come across some brand new older models. It all depends on what you value most. To assume updates aren't important based on prior experience does present a risk but that's a personal choice. Don't misunderstand me....there was a time I felt the same way. I've changed my position on this and other things over time.
    09-18-2019 01:14 PM