Insane screen retention on refurbished V20

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
This is the Achilles heel of the V20. For whatever reason, they are are prone to this happening, and a replacement phone/screen will have it too. I'd still rather have this than any other phone right now. I'm of the belief that most every phone, regardless of make and model, is going to have some inherent design flaw. Temporary image retention is a rather minor annoyance compared to other problems I've seen.

These are my thoughts as well. I just upgraded from Samsung S8+ to V20 and all in all, am happy with that choice. On the balance, I like V20's features. I do have some screen retention as well thought apparently not as bad.

I like:

Replaceable battery
16:9 ratio
Flat screen

uraniumhexoflorite

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
The replacement has image retention too. Was this an issue when the V20 launched or is it just refurbished ones? Even if I can't get one without the image retention I won't get a different phone model. I despise glass sandwiches since they are so much tougher to repair.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine was good for almost 2 years. I love V20 features but finally got a Note 9. My screen and speakers are better and I like the spen. Believe it or not I am using my old gear 2 watch to retain ir blaster capabilities. Still I use my V20 wifi only and will never part with it. Resale value is too low to bother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12