My Lgv20 is still my daily driver and it's actually faster then when I originally bought the thing. After some tinkering it gets better then average scores on GeekBench, even beats average G6 scores if you can believe it. The only thing that made me even think of changing this phone was Android auto problems I initially had. But now I got it working with this phone and works like a charm every time I plug it in to my Kenwood AA head unit.
    05-06-2019 11:18 AM
    switched from nokia 735/929 to LG V20 and very surprised I waited soooooooooo long to switch. Great size, customer my launcher to windows tiles and quite satisfied indeed!
    05-06-2019 11:27 AM
    In my opinion, the Gpro Gpro2 and V20 we're the best phones LG ever produced. I've had all three devices and still have my V20 and I will not be changing my V20 until the Motorola Razr prices drops down to $200 or less. That's how long I'm gonna keep my V20.
    05-06-2019 11:37 AM
    I upgraded last year to the v20. I previously had a Samsung s5 (which still works) but needed more internal storage plus the primary thing was the removable battery, I was able to buy a new v20 cheap plus found a cheap used one for cheap as a backup. The new nhad some problems but covered under warranty and after 4 attempts they fixed it (hence the backup phone)

It's a shame that they don't have removable batteries anymore and replacing it in a new phone can cost $85, if it can be done at all.

Will stick with v20 until it dies of old age.
    henfetchit likes this.
    05-06-2019 12:03 PM
    A few months ago, I decided to retire my Samsung Galaxy S5 as I was repeatedly running out of APP room with the S5's paultry 8gb of internal memory....and my 200gb micro SD card in the S5 cannot be used as program memory for many apps. I wanted to buy a Verizon compatible phone for use with the Total Wireless carrier. (If you want Verizon coverage and pay much less than Verizon...u must check check Total Wireless. They lease the Verizon system and the coverage is the same). When I began searching for a new phone....I was disappointed that there are NO flagship phones with removeable batteries. During research, I discovered that the two year old design flagship LG V20 has 64 gigs of internal memory, a great two lens front camera system, removeable battery, and takes my 200gb micro SD card just fine. Best of all...I was able to buy 2 of them from Amazon (actually overstock.com) for CENSORED each. The refurbs arrived in new condition but without headphones. So now I have a nice big flagship smartphone running all my countless apps I do not really need......and I do not have to worry about having a nervous breakdown over dropping a CENSORED phone. If I ran over my LGV20 today, I would try to get another one for around CENSORED. I hope I can make this phone last until the truly useful bendable displays begin to invade our pockets in a few years. Oh yea....those replacement batteries for the LGV20 can be had for around CENSORED a pop. Excellent !
    packhntr likes this.
    05-06-2019 12:53 PM
    It's still got a good camera, but for whatever reason the phone became slow. I tried rooting it and installing a custom rom on it, which was fun for a while, but eventually thought it became too outdated and slow. So I sold it a few days ago, got a Pixel 2 XL, I've had LG phones since the Galaxy S3, happy to finally move on to a Google phone, which is shockingly quicker and much smoother.
    05-06-2019 02:02 PM
    I'm starting to get some lag to the point of being annoying and apps being forced closed that shouldn't be. I'm a power user and I think I'm starting to hit the RAM limits, causing them to close out. Otherwise I'm still happy with it and there's no true upgrade for it that I've seen yet.
    Try clearing the app cache and some junk files and it'll run like new again
    henfetchit likes this.
    05-06-2019 03:54 PM
    Just replaced the battery in mine with a 4200mAh by AexPower off Amzn - it fits with the V20 back and lasts me all day+ most days. And it works perfectly with LG and Anker chargers. Having that extra life fitting inside the LG back means the Poetic case fits too - really liked the iPossible battery, but the case was just too easy for the grandkids and such to remove (they like the bubbles on the lock screen).
    05-06-2019 03:56 PM
    I'm a power user too and it's only been in the last few weeks that it's slowing down. It may be time to upgrade or to hard reset but I haven't seen anything that would make me run out and get. The changeable battery and the 2nd screen are just inspired in today's phones. I've rarely lasted a full day on 1 battery.
    05-06-2019 04:25 PM
    I have had my V20 since day one. I have always used mine "naked" and it is almost like new looking. I have 3 spare batteries. I have not had any problems with the phone. I love the DAC and removable battery. Like what was mentioned above, there is nothing that is comparable that also offers a head phone jack, and can be used as a remote control for your stereo and TV 😁
    packhntr likes this.
    05-06-2019 04:58 PM
    I've had my V20 for at least a couple years now and loving it. The performance is really good, though a recent google update was laggy at first. My one phone without a replaceable battery was, oddly, the LG G2 and swore I'd never do THAT again.

Don't see any reason to downgrade to newer phones made to be disposable if anything happens to them - i.e. run down battery, cracked screen.... They cost WAY too much to be disposable just because the battery runs down after a couple years. And pretty glass backs just make repairs nearly impossible, so not even a consideration.

I saw a foldable phone, the screen already showing signs of a crease - no thank you. Really, I have a laptop if I want a large screen or a TV at home.

Just replaced the V20 battery with a 4200mAh by AexPower off Amzn - it fits with the V20 back and lasts me all day+ most days. And it works perfectly with LG and Anker chargers. Having that extra life fitting inside the LG back means the Poetic case fits too. Really liked the iPossible battery, but the case was just too easy for the little ones to remove (they like the bubbles on the lock screen when they touch it, another cool LG feature).

Overall, the V20 doesn't miss a beat. The pics are great (I use the manual mode), call quality is great, and the Quad DAC sound is unbeatable. Bluetooth sound is okay (meaning BT not the phone), so I plug an aux cable from the V20 to the car for amazing. I have Sony & AKG phones and both sound great on the V20 (The car speakers and these phones are totally weak tea on my friend's s9 by comparison).

I much prefer the interface for the LG, vs Samsung, especially the manual controls for the camera & video. And the mics do just an incredible job of recording. When I first got it I was blown away at the detail captured and that they don't top out with loud concert sound.

As to buying NIB or used. I got mine in a panic through a nearby Phone Clinic. The G4 I was using died & I needed something immediately. They had a used V20 handy so they transferred everything and it didn't miss a beat. Ironically, I went to register it via LG and found it had never been used on any network - so new. And it only cost me $250. Been super happy since.

BTW, I hate phones with powerbuttons on the side as I would constantly press it with my thumb accidentally just holding them. So the power button on the back, well placed below the cameras, works perfect for me and having that also as the fingerprint scanner is a perfect combo.
    MiakireHi and packhntr like this.
    05-06-2019 04:59 PM
    Google Assistant had the worst lag for me.
    I don't even use Google Assistant, except for voice dialing while driving. If there were other options available, I'd disable the Google App all together. The voice dial has been buggy for months now, even with app updates. I currently have updates uninstalled, so still waiting to see if that fixes it. That's not even counting the confusion it has determining if I'm wanting to call a business in my contacts (which is ALWAYS the case), or doing a search for it online and calling whatever random number it finds.
    05-06-2019 05:18 PM
    I'm starting to get some lag to the point of being annoying and apps being forced closed that shouldn't be. I'm a power user and I think I'm starting to hit the RAM limits, causing them to close out. Otherwise I'm still happy with it and there's no true upgrade for it that I've seen yet.
    05-06-2019 06:55 PM
    Saw this post via Google News..literally signed up right now just to comment. i still use my LG V20. I truly believe it was ahead of its time and it still is. Its not too thick yet not to thin and the weight in my hands is just perfect. It still out performs my samsung galaxy 6 in performance via mobile gaming and media. But alot of apps force close now. I thought my device was about to tank because it was slow but when i put a new battery it was good to go..... before the lg v20 i was religious iphone user.... never again. Lol
    henfetchit and RichSPK like this.
    05-06-2019 06:59 PM
    Daily user. I'm a traveling salesman. Roaming with dual SIM, Microsoft apps etc. drain batteries, being able to swap in a spare battery before going back out to avoid having to carry a bag for cables and power banks is immensely useful.

Love the fish eye for group shots and tight spaces.

Resetting the phone after Android updates and keeping location etc off when not in use keeps it running smoothly.

No replacement for it on the market.
    henfetchit likes this.
    05-06-2019 07:15 PM
    I own 2 , I just bought my second one brand new unopened in box $145.00. I just wanted a spare, the phones do everything, everything , flawlessly, including screen cast FULL SCREEN no lag at all, and ....MHL Video that most phones never had or will have , and all without a hickup. I Bluetooth it to my car stereo, the screen is off, and I control Pandora all day from the second screen while reading my emails coming in all at the same time from the second screen only.
    I wrote to LG asking if they would consider building another just like it with the latest tech, removable battery and all.
    We will see.
    Good luck with yours.
    Mine got abit slow too ,so go into setting , apps and clear the cache on all of them, particularly look for the apps with the largest cache memory used.
    Some apps ,Including chrome will load slow when you use them again the first time because they need to load basic info again first, but after you'll see your speed return. I had 400 open web pages and could not scroll them, apps were slow. I cleaned it all out and phone works like New.
    BUT......the biggest culprit is Facebook, either dump it , disable it or constantly clear it because, they steal , hide and save , and bury every piece of info they can on your device. AND.....another big thing is do not open any of those misleading fishing type adds that deceive you to another web page they are just like a virus.
    Hope this helps , these are great phones.
    henfetchit likes this.
    05-06-2019 07:17 PM
    My entire family uses the v20. Ours a great value, camera is solid but does have issues from time to time. Thinking of moving to v30. Lagging technology allows us to get great value on our phone with little downside.
    05-06-2019 07:47 PM
    mine still works fine with minimal lag, occasionally. And since lg is doing away with what made the v20 such a great phone. As they did with the g2 I will be using it until it stops working.
    And then I have no idea what I'm going to do.
    henfetchit likes this.
    05-06-2019 08:52 PM
    Got three V20s in the family. Still working fine although one was recently needing to be redone. I thought it was messed up but it seems to be ok now with a software reset.

If there's a newer phone with a removable battery, I've not seen it. Such things like that is why I went for the V20s to begin with once HTC M9s we had started dying.
    henfetchit likes this.
    05-06-2019 09:33 PM
    I've been an LG user every since the Optima. First smart phone with a dual processor. Yes before Apple or Samsung. I unfortunately dropped my V20 in the toilet last year and decided to try Samsung s9+. What a disappointment! If I could only get my V20 working again!
    05-06-2019 10:33 PM
    Yes still use a v20 us996 and also have v20 f800k and both still perfect
    05-06-2019 11:50 PM
    Yes, I'm actively using the LG-V20 as my primary smartphone. I only upgraded to it from the LG V10 early last year.
    RichSPK likes this.
    05-07-2019 12:41 AM
    Im still occasionally using a LG V10 powered by nougat
    05-07-2019 03:59 AM
    Still using the LGv20 but plan to upgrade to the most underated phone the LG v35. What else is there to upgrade to coming from such a great phone. Using the v20 with all the XDA mod support has been working for me from upgrading the VULKAN drivers to the sterio mod to fire sound out of the front earpeice. The Adreno 530 is still a great GPU for games especially when you can overclock and mod the thermal.conf file so there are not any throttling issues. There isn't much support for the v35 but the SD845 and Adreno 630 should give a nice bumb in performance, even if it does throttle.
    05-07-2019 04:31 AM
    I use a V20 on T-Mobile. I bought it refurbished (not factory refurbished) and it's been reliable, except the USB port was pretty worn. I finally got a new USB port installed a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty happy with it, but it does feel slow at times, and the memory management is way too aggressive, often closing apps running in the background, such as Waze, which is really frustrating when you're depending on its audio cues. My previous phone (which I still have) is a Freetel Samurai Kiwami. It's a cheaper phone with some Mediatek processor, but the UI often feels snappier and the memory management is much more accommodating. That phone is stuck on Lollipop, though, doesn't have a removable battery, doesn't support quick charging, and the camera is pretty mediocre.
    05-07-2019 05:08 AM
92 1234