09-18-2019 10:49 PM
92 1234
tools
    Just curious. My main phone is a Huawei p20 pro. I still have the v20 just in case, did not want to sell it.
    I use it sometimes for media consumption, web browsing and planning to take it with me to any trip to use the wide angle camera if needed.
    I got my son one last year off Verizon. I was just looking for a cheap phone. He does alot of gaming on it though, and it freezes up and lags alot. He wants a new one but... He can wait until next year 😁
    05-07-2019 05:43 AM
    I have had my V20 since the day it came out. I've never had any issues except the battery needed to be replaced. I love my phone. When it was time to replace the battery I went online and purchased one.. Unlike Apple phones I like this.. It also takes great pictures. You couldn't give me an iPhone..
    05-07-2019 08:37 AM
    You couldn't give me an iPhone..
    I'd take a free iPhone, then sell it and use the money to buy something I really want. Lol
    05-07-2019 09:10 AM
    I've had one since shortly after launch. I bought a G6 and used it for less than a month before going back. I'm rooted but still on N. No issues. Still fast. Great pictures without lag. Still using the original battery and still about 15%-20% when I plug it in at night. They only strange thing is I get freezes from time to time connected to Android Auto and I can use my phone while connected but my wife can, but I I'm not sure if that's the phone's fault or Google's. I might go Pixel soon just because of the photo quality.
    05-07-2019 09:51 AM
    I'm starting to get some lag to the point of being annoying and apps being forced closed that shouldn't be. I'm a power user and I think I'm starting to hit the RAM limits, causing them to close out. Otherwise I'm still happy with it and there's no true upgrade for it that I've seen yet.
    Same lag problem, especially when the phone was warm from heavy use or charging. I replaced the thermal compound and added a copper shim and the phone is back to its original snappy form. (It took me all of 20 minutes.)

I bought 2 batteries a few months ago and swap them occasionally, so battery life is reasonable too.

I still like the phone and have no plans to upgrade.
    05-07-2019 10:12 AM
    I still use mine as my primary. I wear hearing aids. Battery life got really questionable when BLUETOOTH AND WiFi are on all day. Replaced the battery with a 10K maH battery and get 3 days of moderate use. But during heavy use I can go 24 hours no problem. So my V20 is going to stay with me for a few more years.
    05-07-2019 10:55 AM
    Same here man! I hate the "glass back" phones, fingerprint magnets and just another thing to easily break. Know what doesn't break? My metal REMOVABLE back on my V20!!
    05-07-2019 11:07 AM
    Still on my V20 (AT&T) since Dec 2016. Still paying it off too. I ruined one battery by getting it wet but I still have 4 extras. I always carry an extra battery in my wallet. I usually do a battery switch once a day. My only complaint are pics from far away at concerts tend to be blurry when the stage lights are strong. Manual focus does work better but not from far away (cheap seats at arenas). I am going to keep this phone for rest of 2019 and upgrade to a 5G one next year. Maybe. When I replace my battery in public (at a bar or at a restaurant), the looks I get from people are funny. No one has replaceable batteries anymore. Most people think I have a really old phone. We are lucky!
    05-07-2019 12:16 PM
    Hey when they come out with a new phone with expandable memory and a replaceable battery, it will be time to upgrade. Until then, this is just fine.
    charcaroth likes this.
    05-07-2019 12:27 PM
    I bought a Korean variant, recently put Lineage OS, got a 10000mh battery, and I'm getting 2+ days of battery life with almost a day of screen on time.
    I liked that it had many features that phones today.
    I have other newer phones; however, this is my reliable daily driver.
    It's been my favorite phone, hands down
    05-07-2019 01:10 PM
    What's not to like about the v20? Old shmold- it has been solid aside from my abuse.
    05-07-2019 04:17 PM
    I have just bought it! I'm going through money trouble and I'm into my music shop the DAC is a major pull and 120 pounds, new and sealed with the B&O Headphones (even though I have senheiser Hd598c is a no brainer
    05-08-2019 04:36 AM
    My came with 2 battery and the fast charge 3. Bought it last week for the DAC AND LOVE IT
    05-08-2019 04:40 AM
    Well into my 3rd year, purchased a spare battery last year from LG and its still in the original package. I see no reason to use my Social Security for an upgrade. It does everything I need it to do and does it very well.
    05-08-2019 11:56 AM
    I'm starting to get some lag to the point of being annoying and apps being forced closed that shouldn't be. I'm a power user and I think I'm starting to hit the RAM limits, causing them to close out. Otherwise I'm still happy with it and there's no true upgrade for it that I've seen yet.
    SELF PROCLAIMED power user
    05-08-2019 02:03 PM
    What does this even mean? Mooncatt knows his stuff, and he's a power user. I proclaim it as well.
    Rukbat likes this.
    05-08-2019 10:30 PM
    What does this even mean? Mooncatt knows his stuff, and he's a power user. I proclaim it as well.
    He's an audiophile too
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-08-2019 10:54 PM
    I do have to agree with B.diddy and Mike , Mooncatt does know his stuff .
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-08-2019 11:05 PM
    And you are .......... ?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-08-2019 11:40 PM
    Me, I'm a SELF-PROCLAIMED regular schmoe who figured out lots of stuff with the help of people like Mooncatt.
    05-09-2019 12:35 AM
    In reality, I'm just a foxy guy.
    tube517 and B. Diddy like this.
    05-09-2019 05:56 AM
    And the only guy around here that refuses to let Oreo download on his V20.
    05-09-2019 10:06 AM
    And the only guy around here that refuses to let Oreo download on his V20.
    Oh, it's downloaded. I'm just refusing to let it install.
    05-09-2019 10:45 AM
    I went from Samsung Galaxy S8+ to LG V20. I dropped the S8+, cracked the screen. Sent it in for repair and got V20 as a temporary thing and decided to keep it.
    It's just so much nicer. The screen is not as vibrantly colorful as on any of the Samsungs I've had but:

* I really like the 16:9 ratio and like reading things in the vertical mode. The keyboard also works better vertically than a 18.5:9 ratio phone.
    * Removable battery, you can say that again.
    * The sound and the again, I like the dimensions of it a lot especially with the ZeroLemon battery installed.
    henfetchit likes this.
    05-10-2019 09:50 AM
    yes. I'll stick to that phone for Forever. Hours ago I bought a new one as a spare for about 180. (Dual Sim Version). Im using the single sim h910 version in Germany which I bought about one year ago for 160. Can't think about a switch. And I tried soooo many phones in the last time because I wanted something new. But every other phone disappointed me. I tried Mi 2S/3/Mi 8 - nice phones. But too fragile cause of its Glas backs. And the OIS? Almost no stabilization while zooming. Tested on the Mi 3. V20s is waaay better. I was shocked. And yes in Low Light the images were a bit bitter. But srsly who needs this? Pocophone: yes that would be a phone I would go for. Because it's physically reliable and with a little effort you can replace the battery. Almost using a glass on the screen but I hate covers. But then I decided Naaa, V20 got so much more features. Poco is a bit faster but I'm not a gamer. Galaxy s9+ nope too fragile to. I'm dropping my phones a lot and the V20 is still in am absolutely amazing shape. Just a few scratches. Like Bruce Willis in unbreakable. So all in all I decided yesterday to buy a backup V20 because I'm pretty sure I'm the next time there won't be a feature given phone as the V20. At least for me!

- wide angle
    - second screen, love it. Don't wanna miss it. Yes of course you can use AoD but then I'd be afraid of constantly burn ins..
    - almost unbreakable (with a a screen 9h glass - right now using my fourth glass.. Lol.. Explains why I don't want a glass backed phone.)
    - swappable battery (can recommend the 4000mah Perfine which matches the capacitizy!)
    - DAC - just amazing.. If you got used to it you'll be disappointed with any other phones. (except LGs)
    - for its price there's an unbelievable amount of features 140-200 Euro.
    05-13-2019 03:38 PM
92 1234