Dirt behind the camera glass

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had dust or other contaminants get behind the glass for the rear cameras? I noticed my camera performance wasn't as crisp as it use to be, so I looked to see if it was dirty. It was, only it wouldn't wipe clean because it was on the inside.

Has anyone dealt with this before? If so, can it be opened up and cleaned, or would it mean just replacing the camera module?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else had dust or other contaminants get behind the glass for the rear cameras? I noticed my camera performance wasn't as crisp as it use to be, so I looked to see if it was dirty. It was, only it wouldn't wipe clean because it was on the inside.

Has anyone dealt with this before? If so, can it be opened up and cleaned, or would it mean just replacing the camera module?
This is pretty easy to take the lens cover off to clean it
https://youtu.be/KC7M6SF5kHo

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is pretty easy to take the lens cover off to clean it.

No kidding. It was so straight forward that I almost didn't need the video. The entire process, including cleaning around the inside of the chins and removing the speaker grill cover, took about 20 minutes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No kidding. It was so straight forward that I almost didn't need the video. The entire process, including cleaning around the inside of the chins and removing the speaker grill cover, took about 20 minutes.
Awesome , love phone's like that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc