You will lose the possibility of recording calls with ACR or any other recording program!!! Google Crazy nutcase house again as usual.

Think about it before updating, I had forgotten all about it and was looking forward for an update to see if it was to fix one issue I have with it - I had looked at the new features on Googletube yet now I don't want to update any longer. I had planned to wait for the update and then reset my phone, but I'm going to that now to see if I can fix a problem with my none rooted LG 20 in regards of charging. But most likely an hardware issue after I tried a foreign Quick charger Adapter from Huawei for it. *But I have 2 Battery Chargers that still works so flipping battery*
    So don't do that!!! I thought that I might get 0.2 Amps more out of it - making the charging to a bit quicker as it is made for 9 volts and 2 amps and not 1.8 amps as the LG.

In any case, think before you update to Android Pie - if you want to lose the option of recording calls.
    May Jehovah be with thee
    - Anders
    09-24-2019 10:44 AM
    You will lose the possibility of recording calls with ACR or any other recording program!!! Google Crazy nutcase house again as usual.
    Google not liking to loose lawsuits again, as usual.

I thought that I might get 0.2 Amps more out of it - making the charging to a bit quicker as it is made for 9 volts and 2 amps and not 1.8 amps as the LG.
    The phone sets the charge rate, the charge doesn't as long as it can supply as much as the phone is asking for. If the phone is asking for 1.8 Amps, you can use a 9 Volt, 50 Amp bench supply, and the phone will draw 1.8 Amps. (It's how electricity works, it has nothing to do with anything being defective.) If the phone is designed to not take a full QC 30 charge at 9 Volts, updating the firmware won't change it - it's in the charging chip.

(And the 9 Volt charge only runs from about 40% to 70%, so it's only going to save you a few minutes.)
    09-24-2019 01:40 PM
    Noo, I think I do understand - after I charged it with the Huawei charger getting hot it has issues with charging on my original LG chargers. It's nothing to do with LG Chargers as they worked before I tried out with the Huawei. By having a Charger that was able to provide 9 volts and 2 full Amps, I hoped for the phone to draw more. Yet, it seems something went wrong - If you want to have your quick-charging broken you can try it for yourself. I would not advice it, but we can be scientific about it and see if we observe the same result yet again! I have a Theory, you are more then welcome to try it out - you can order a Huawei charger for cheap having Quickcharge
    Again I would not advice it - but if you want to prove me incorrect, go ahead.
    And don't come crying to me when your Quick Charging break!
    09-24-2019 02:04 PM
    Android 9 (pie) has been out for awhile now, haven't had any issues on any of my Android phones. Maybe with Android 10 just being released , might help you out .

And for charging situation , not sure what to say there but I like to stick with the original charger and brick to avoid problems.
    09-24-2019 02:15 PM
    And to be fair of the observations, I used the Huawei Quick Charge Model HW-059200EHQ - Better be real scientific about it and do it correct! *I would keep my LG 20 far away from any quick-charging adapter from Huawei - just an advice.*
    So what you do, is have an empty Phone, and charge it with the Huawei charger and see what happens. It won't make an issue with it if you don't let it sit - it seemed it needed some time to do the damage.

In any case I'm going to reset my mobile and hope it will fix it, but I think the damage has been done on the Hardware level sadly - But have to at least try the software reset.
    09-24-2019 02:19 PM
    It's a main concern for those who like having there calls recorded - that's the main point of warning here. So if you don't record your phone calls the warning does not concern you.
    09-24-2019 02:23 PM
    It's a main concern for those who like having there calls recorded - that's the main point of warning here. So if you don't record your phone calls the warning does not concern you.
    Oh, your title threw me off , I took it as Don't Update to Android 9 , major issues .
    Call record is only legal in some places , but yes it doesn't apply to me .
    09-24-2019 02:28 PM
    Also I see your a new member , so like to welcome you to AC forums .
    09-24-2019 02:31 PM
    Thanks Mustang - primary I'm just here to warn people before they do something they regret as I know I would - loosing my ability to record calls would be very sad. And there is most likely not a way to return back to Android 8 and back rolling it. Iv complained to Android as well, giving them a firm rebuke on there Facebook.

Anyone knows if I buy a LG V20 after the update 9 is rolled out, if it is possible to still update your phone to 8? I guess, one is then stuck on updating to version 9 at that point?
    09-24-2019 02:59 PM
    Thanks Mustang - primary I'm just here to warn people before they do something they regret as I know I would - loosing my ability to record calls would be very sad. And there is most likely not a way to return back to Android 8 and back rolling it. Iv complained to Android as well, giving them a firm rebuke on there Facebook.

Anyone knows if I buy a LG V20 after the update 9 is rolled out, if it is possible to still update your phone to 8? I guess, one is then stuck on updating to version 9 at that point?
    Your welcome!

I would I've to have that option to record calls , but not available.

Once you update to 9 , it will be tough to roll back to older Android version, even though 8 not that far behind.

You think upgrading to 9 will take this feature away?
    09-24-2019 03:05 PM
  11. JesusIsGodAlmighty-dot-Life's Avatar
    I think it's pretty much certain that when upgrading to Android 9 - Google purposely Jails the feature of recording.
    09-24-2019 03:54 PM
  12. JesusIsGodAlmighty-dot-Life's Avatar
    Download ACR Unchained and you have the feature of recording calls. Injoy. But don't expect it to work if you update to Pie!
    09-24-2019 03:54 PM

Think about it before updating, I had forgotten all about it and was looking forward for an update to see if it was to fix one issue I have with it - I had looked at the new features on Googletube yet now I don't want to update any longer. I had planned to wait for the update and then reset my phone, but I'm going to that now to see if I can fix a problem with my none rooted LG 20 in regards of charging. But most likely an hardware issue after I tried a foreign Quick charger Adapter from Huawei for it. *But I have 2 Battery Chargers that still works so flipping battery*
    So don't do that!!! I thought that I might get 0.2 Amps more out of it - making the charging to a bit quicker as it is made for 9 volts and 2 amps and not 1.8 amps as the LG.

In any case, think before you update to Android Pie - if you want to lose the option of recording calls.
    May Jehovah be with thee
    - Anders
    What version of the LG V20 do you have that you've gotten the pie update?
    10-29-2019 02:11 PM
    How can I get my Lg V20 to update too Android 9 Pie
    10-30-2019 11:04 AM