I purchased the V30 back in Dec of 2017 for $800, when my V10 bootlooped.
    I never dropped or mishandled the V30, and now after 2.5 years

- The screen has black smudge when brightness is low. This renders auto-brightness useless at night
    - Battery life is horrible. Necessary to charge a few times a day
    - USB-C port is "loose" - most cables don't stay in

I could replace the battery and USB economically, but the cost of the screen is $$$.

Other than that the V30 is still working fine. I'd like to get a V60, but I doubt that phone will last any longer. Unfortunate because it comes closest to what I need.

OK rant concluded.
    07-20-2020 11:44 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that. Whatever you decide to get, I hope it lasts longer.
    07-20-2020 11:51 AM
    I think companies build obsolescence into their products these days to force people to upgrade. How many times do you buy an electrical item just for it to breakdown as soon as the warranty runs out? Thinvs aren't made to last any more and it is pretty sad.
    07-20-2020 12:16 PM
    Well, the V60 might be cheaper than what you paid for the V30.

Once the Note 20 comes out, the price of the V60 may drop again.

Usually LG phones price drops even a week after they come out lol
    07-20-2020 12:51 PM
    I think companies build obsolescence into their products these days to force people to upgrade. How many times do you buy an electrical item just for it to breakdown as soon as the warranty runs out? Thinvs aren't made to last any more and it is pretty sad.
    LOL. I had a microwave oven that came with only a three month warranty brand new. It only lasted six months. The one I had previously lasted 25 years.
    07-20-2020 01:38 PM
    Well, the V60 might be cheaper than what you paid for the V30.

Once the Note 20 comes out, the price of the V60 may drop again.

Usually LG phones price drops even a week after they come out lol
    The current price for dual screen V60 is $809.99 from T-Mobile, about what I paid for the V30. I doubt people are snapping them up from T-Mobile, the V60 since not Samsung or Apple.

The main obstacle, and annoyance, is migrating everything over. That takes some time. The V60 at $800 is a very good value. Assuming it works for 3 years.
    07-20-2020 02:15 PM
    The current price for dual screen V60 is $809.99 from T-Mobile, about what I paid for the V30. I doubt people are snapping them up from T-Mobile, the V60 since not Samsung or Apple.

The main obstacle, and annoyance, is migrating everything over. That takes some time. The V60 at $800 is a very good value. Assuming it works for 3 years.
    It's $699 without the dual screen.
    07-20-2020 02:47 PM
    2 years 7 months isn't too bad, especially for a daily driver, in reality. I've had some batteries in older phones that needed to be replaced after 8 months of use just 11 years ago. Burned thru a Photon (Moto) in 6 months. Two S3 batteries in a year. Two S4 batteries. I was hesitant on the Note 5, my first sealed battery unit I kept for 2 years +. Since then, it's been S8+ and Note 9, which is now approaching 2 years, and for the way I use my phone, that ain't bad at all.

As for the screen, anyone can get a bad one. But, it's time to go up, anyway, as the V30 will probably lose support on some apps in the very near future.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2020 02:06 AM
    2 years 7 months isn't too bad, especially for a daily driver, in reality. I've had some batteries in older phones that needed to be replaced after 8 months of use just 11 years ago. Burned thru a Photon (Moto) in 6 months. Two S3 batteries in a year. Two S4 batteries. I was hesitant on the Note 5, my first sealed battery unit I kept for 2 years +. Since then, it's been S8+ and Note 9, which is now approaching 2 years, and for the way I use my phone, that ain't bad at all.

As for the screen, anyone can get a bad one. But, it's time to go up, anyway, as the V30 will probably lose support on some apps in the very near future.
    I didn't get a bad display and the black smearing just happened recently. 2.5 year device life is unacceptable. I like to use a phone for 3 years. My old V10 that I passed down is still running like a champ (replacable battery of course). The screen is still perfect and everything else is good. I think it's wasteful to throw hardware that isn't too long i the tooth into the trash. Flagship phones becoming unusable after 2.5 years is unacceptable.
    07-21-2020 07:57 AM
    Got my LG V30 in Oct 2017, currently on Android 9, when my LG G4 finally bootlooped after 2.4 years.
    Great phone, love the screen and the headphone jack and the DAC.
    Battery life is not quite as good as it was in the beginning, but I am also watching much more videos than I used to which sucks power quite noticeably. Now need to do a quick battery boost late in the day because of it.
    07-21-2020 04:54 PM
    We had a V35, and it lost it's charging port and started really dragging in performance after a year and a half. She replaced it with a Note 9, still going strong.

My son had a G6 for over 2 years. Not a thing wrong with it, just upgraded him to a new G8 so he did not have to worry when he moved out. But that G6 was running like the day he got it, just a tad slower.

I had a V20 that lasted just shy of 3 years. Grabbed myself a G8, and now less than 6 months later I have a major problem. (Bought used, so that was a crap shoot.)

It is truly just a guessing game these days. I vote get the V60. That screen problem and loose charging port (come to think of it, also why I ended up ditching my V20. Seems LG has charging port problems, don't it?) will drive you nuts and repairs to those parts are rarely long term.
    Laura Knotek and tardus like this.
    07-23-2020 11:22 PM
    Never had these problems with the V30. Just handle them like babies. My only bad experience was the V10. That bootlooped on me. My V30 still has excellent battery life.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-26-2020 05:34 PM