V30 rumored to have curved OLED screen

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Not a big fan of the curved screen. Never liked them from the start. If it does have it I def won't be getting it.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Problem with new LG designs

Some argue about the all glass build, some praise it. However, I really don't like the fat thick metal sides on the G6 and soon to be V30. The V20 felt nice and slim, naturally curving at the sides, with soft plastic at bottom so it doesn't hurt your pinky. The G6 has a thick metal frame that's very uncomfortable to hold. I have a ZTE ZMAX Pro and the side metal frame is nice but hurts your hand if you hold it without a case (sometimes with a case). With a case, it's kinda thick and sticks out. The new Galaxy S8 slimmed down the sides to the max, but LG still has thick sides. Thoughts?

images.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem with new LG designs

Some argue about the all glass build, some praise it. However, I really don't like the fat thick metal sides on the G6 and soon to be V30. The V20 felt nice and slim, naturally curving at the sides, with soft plastic at bottom so it doesn't hurt your pinky. The G6 has a thick metal frame that's very uncomfortable to hold. I have a ZTE ZMAX Pro and the side metal frame is nice but hurts your hand if you hold it without a case (sometimes with a case). With a case, it's kinda thick and sticks out. The new Galaxy S8 slimmed down the sides to the max, but LG still has thick sides. Thoughts?

View attachment 264561

Yeah....those poor souls that own G6s are gonna end up with calluses on their pinkies.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

I find nothing uncomfortable about the metal, it's similar to other phones in that regard. Isn't that how the sides are on the Motorola phones now?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Some argue about the all glass build, some praise it. However, I really don't like the fat thick metal sides on the G6 and soon to be V30. The V20 felt nice and slim, naturally curving at the sides, with soft plastic at bottom so it doesn't hurt your pinky. The G6 has a thick metal frame that's very uncomfortable to hold.

View attachment 264561

Uncomfortable to who? Not to me, or my 16yr old daughter that has small hands. I read a lot of the G6 posts (not all of them) and I haven't seen people complaining about hand pain. Quite the contrary for me. The 2/1 aspect ratio slims the device from side to side making it easier to hold.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Uncomfortable to who? Not to me, or my 16yr old daughter that has small hands. I read a lot of the G6 posts (not all of them) and I haven't seen people complaining about hand pain. Quite the contrary for me. The 2/1 aspect ratio slims the device from side to side making it easier to hold.
I agree.. I didn't have comfort issues when holding the G6 and using it as my daily driver.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I notice the small things. After using plastic phones for so long (Galaxy S1,2,3,4,5 & 6/7 Active, Note 3), metal frames can feel bulky. Even with the S8, my hand got tired of holding it without a case for some time (metal frame is rock solid). Had to take a break after holding it for some time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Why'd you move the thread? I was talking about the frame, not the OLED screen...
In both threads you talk about the screen and the frame. Also others have been discussing it here as well.

As stated in the past please send me a PM or email for mod questions.. not here in the thread. Ty. :).

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 264561

Your thoughts are what's important to you and that's how you should make your purchase decisions. What others find comfortable or uncomfortable is irrelevant. Its nice to know how others feel but that shouldn't change anything for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy