LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses its Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

Actually guys, take a look at this. Looks like with new version of Android they are already in the process of implementing a new solution which would be LDAC enhancing better quality audio through Bluetooth.

Source; [Here are the six features in Android O that you’ll actually care about – BGR] is good,have a look at it! Here are the six features in Android O that you’ll actually care about – BGR

2nd paragraph.
Yeah I've seen that, however I'd have to see how it compares to wireless before I would consider investing in it. Additionally if you chase a new audio technology, then you have to toss out what you have and start over again, which happens every time they change a Bluetooth protocol. As an example APT-X is actually pretty good at the moment, but I'd hate to invest in it because it's the best thing until the next best thing. In contrast wired technology is a bit more stable. For example, if they improve the DAC output, my headphones should be able to react to the changes.

Last edited:

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Poll: LG V30 removable battery or not?

You make a good point. If at one point, devices become "good enough", no one will need to upgrade for many years, and people don't have to buy a phone for a long time therefore the manufacturer lose out on money. I still see a lot of people with Note 4's because it's still a good device and replacing the battery is easy once it gets worn out.

I just have one theory from my experience working at Best Buy and Samsung. I feel like manufacturers push out updates making older devices extremely slow and unusable. I see this happen all the time when I update phones, phones becoming super slow, but customers are happy because they get a new "update".

Who knows what's their business model. I just hope that LG sees that people care about removable batteries as well as water-resistance, but more leaning towards removable batteries.
My theory, too. Especially with iPhones. Whenever there's a new iPhone update, iPhone users are ALWAYS complaining about how something on their phone broke.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

I know I won't buy any phone without a headphone jack.

I suppose it depends on how much you use the port. If you take my sister for example, she doesn't really listen to music much so in the 3 years she owned her Galaxy S4 she hardly used the headphone jack so she wouldn't miss it that much on the V30. :)

If you take me on the other hand, i love using my headphones to listen to podcasts and movies just because sometimes I'm in a place that isn't viable to use the small speakers in my phone and it may disturb others. So if i don't have that port, i cant use my headphone. (unfortunately they not bluetooth enabled).

It seems like the majority of people who purchase smartphone like having the port there just as an option. Even if they don't use that option. :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I suppose it depends on how much you use the port. If you take my sister for example, she doesn't really listen to music much so in the 3 years she owned her Galaxy S4 she hardly used the headphone jack so she wouldn't miss it that much on the V30. :)

If you take me on the other hand, i love using my headphones to listen to podcasts and movies just because sometimes I'm in a place that isn't viable to use the small speakers in my phone and it may disturb others. So if i don't have that port, i cant use my headphone. (unfortunately they not bluetooth enabled).

It seems like the majority of people who purchase smartphone like having the port there just as an option. Even if they don't use that option. :)
You are abosolutely correct.

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Nop, and that way lg couldn't publicize it as having better audio so I don't believe that be the case.
As a note, Bluetooth aptx, including aptx hd and other Bluetooth formats are coming in Android O, they already come in the development settings of yesterday's Android O Developers release

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

In which case LG already makes a phone for her. The G6. And based on phone size, perhaps the better choice.

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

In which case LG already makes a phone for her. The G6. And based on phone size, perhaps the better choice.
It'll be nice if the v30 per say would be more compact while maintaining biggesh screen ratio, much like G6

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

It'll be nice if the v30 per say would be more compact while maintaining biggesh screen ratio, much like G6
Let the G6 be the smaller phone and let the V30 get a bigger screen with the same footprint

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Nop, and that way lg couldn't publicize it as having better audio so I don't believe that be the case.
As a note, Bluetooth aptx, including aptx hd and other Bluetooth formats are coming in Android O, they already come in the development settings of yesterday's Android O Developers release
APTX is already here

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I've never heard of anyone complaining about the notification shade on any phone. I don't find them that different in function. The V20 doesn't run Marshmallow so why would I compare it.
That's my biggest reason a launcher can't fix a bad ui. Notifications, menus, etc are all permanently what the OEM does. Easy to deal with on a super light skin, ala old Moto. Not so easy with Sammy or LG.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

You can run great audio through USB C ... No reason they'd have to abandon their quad DAC tech, etc.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

That's my biggest reason a launcher can't fix a bad ui. Notifications, menus, etc are all permanently what the OEM does. Easy to deal with on a super light skin, ala old Moto. Not so easy with Sammy or LG.
I don't know... I've never been concerned too much with the items you mention. I guess I'm easily pleased. I am actually more concerned with the carrier specific changes that exist between models.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I don't know... I've never been concerned too much with the items you mention. I guess I'm easily pleased. I am actually more concerned with the carrier specific changes that exist between models.
Good point, that's something that imo just shouldn't exist.

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

That's the main reason I've never bought an LG device that's not an nexus device

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

A headphone jack is significant to me... So not having one would be a dealbreaker.