View Poll Results: Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! If not, I might leave LG...

23 57.50%
  • No, I don't need removeable batteries.. Would rather have wireless charging & water-resistance.

9 22.50%
  • I don't really care. Either is fine.

8 20.00%
08-25-2017 12:00 AM
588 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Ok well I'm off to explore and see which places I frequent on a regular basis support it. First one being 7 Eleven.
    Anyone on this form that uses Android pay can you advise if they have any type of Rewards program like Samsung pay does? That may be helpful for this person that's going to start trying to use Android pay
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 05:46 PM
    I understand but what I am trying to clarify is, sometimes it's best to move on to newer technologies. I am sure we will eventually use something better than trs and also another enhanced version of Bluetooth media connection. Gotta be prepared for that at least.

I am not condoning the what Apple did( I think they dropped it too early), however I am saying that there will always be new solutions in the future to come.
    The situation here is a little different. The V30 will most likely have a Quad DAC and one of the main reasons to buy it for Audiophiles. Newer tech in this case is not an improvement just convenient so its not best for audiophiles or people who just want great sound. As the OP I'm asking if the loss of a headphone will affect your intentions of buying it but mainly from the perspective of losing the normal jack to an adaptor. Most people who use Bluetooth can go with other options. I kept the subject short because I don't like the idea of long one but that's where I'm coming from.
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 05:53 PM
    The situation here is a little different. The V30 will most likely have a Quad DAC and one of the main reasons to buy it for Audiophiles. Newer tech in this case is not an improvement just convenient so its not best for audiophiles or people who just want great sound. As the OP I'm asking if the loss of a headphone will affect your intentions of buying it but mainly from the perspective of losing the normal jack to an adaptor. Most people who use Bluetooth can go with other options. I kept the subject short because I don't like the idea of long one but that's where I'm coming from.
    Yes, I understand I referring to the saying that someone would never buy a phone without a trs as if new tech will not come out. Anyways that is It.
    03-20-2017 05:59 PM
    Anyone on this form that uses Android pay can you advise if they have any type of Rewards program like Samsung pay does? That may be helpful for this person that's going to start trying to use Android pay
    So no mobile payment system at 7 Eleven but I already see that quite a few places I use like Best Buy and Giants grocery stores use Android Pay.
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 06:26 PM
    So no mobile payment system at 7 Eleven but I already see that quite a few places I use like Best Buy and Giants grocery stores use Android Pay.
    There may even be an app I think it's called MasterCard PayPass or something similar that lets you know what places in your location take Android pay
    RaRa85 and comk4ver like this.
    03-20-2017 06:32 PM
    There may even be an app I think it's called MasterCard PayPass or something similar that lets you know what places in your location take Android pay
    Nice.
    03-20-2017 06:32 PM
    Nice.
    What does any of this have to do with V30 and headphone jacks?
    03-20-2017 06:36 PM
    What does any of this have to do with V30 and headphone jacks?
    Nothing we just got off topic.lol
    03-20-2017 06:36 PM
    I thought I was having an out of forum experience....lol
    RaRa85 likes this.
    03-20-2017 06:37 PM
    Lol.
    03-20-2017 06:38 PM
    just get the V20 , my daily driver now.

Excellent device but get the charging bundle with extra battery
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 06:51 PM
    just get the V20 , my daily driver now.

Excellent device but get the charging bundle with extra battery
    How many ot you get?
    03-20-2017 06:54 PM
    I think you aren't being truthful. So later when all the manufacturer drops the trs does that mean you'll have no phone?

And eventually I see the use for USB-c as future transformation.
    Obviously if no other option exists... then by logical deduction I would have no other choice. That goes without saying doesn't it?

FWIW, I would not try and exist without a cell phone... even if that means using one without a TRS Jack.
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 07:17 PM
    Obviously if no other option exists... then by logical deduction I would have no other choice. That goes without saying doesn't it?
    Ofc
    03-20-2017 07:19 PM
    I'll send RaRa a message to continue our conversation . Sorry we got off topic.
    03-20-2017 09:31 PM
    I'll send RaRa a message to continue our conversation . Sorry we got off topic.
    Its OK.... It happens.....lol
    03-20-2017 09:34 PM
    I loved the DAC when I first got my V20 but recently I got Bluetooth ear buds which has been amazing especially when I'm using them at the gym.

Quality isn't as good but I use the music more as baxkground noise anyways.
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 09:43 PM
    I loved the DAC when I first got my V20 but recently I got Bluetooth ear buds which has been amazing especially when I'm using them at the gym.

Quality isn't as good but I use the music more as baxkground noise anyways.
    Omg I hate baxkground noise
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 10:02 PM
    Given the choice, I'd always choose to take a removable battery over non-removable. I need that extra battery life and I don't want to be plugged in all day to get it. If they're taking that choice away from me, I'd really hope they aren't stingy with the battery they seal in. Would it really be terrible to give us a flagship phone with 4000+ mAh?
    There's another advantage to removable batteries on some phones. You can buy extended batteries that last 2 to 3 days.
    marcus.plans likes this.
    03-20-2017 10:06 PM
    Omg I hate baxkground noise
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 10:09 PM
    03-20-2017 10:18 PM
    I highly doubt the V30 won't have a jack.

The V-line has always prided itself on superb headphone audio, and the standard for USB-C audio is still very young and probably needs a bit more polish before it can truly prove to be a proper replacement.

Until then, many Android OEMs have chosen to stick with the jack.

If you look at HTC's U Ultra, the problem with that isn't necessarily the lack of the jack. It's how it's removed but the device does not offer any sort of compensation for its loss. Adding insult to injury is that the $750++ phone did not come with an adapter and its included earbuds don't work with non-HTC devices. That's why OEMs are sticking with the jack.
    comk4ver and RaRa85 like this.
    03-20-2017 10:26 PM
    I doubt it either but you never know with this madness to make phones thinner. Maybe the next V series but down the road anything is possible.
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-21-2017 12:38 AM
    I doubt it either but you never know with this madness to make phones thinner. Maybe the next V series but down the road anything is possible.
    They probably won't.

Most Android OEMs chose to stick with using the jack. Some found it the hard way but it's pretty clear that we are not ready for a jackless experience.

Sure, you can say the HTC USonic USB-C buds are kinda smart, but isn't the V20's headphone jack a sea of smarts as well? I mean it adjusts the device's sound profile and amp power depending on what headphone you plug it into.
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-21-2017 03:03 AM
    They might do the removable waterproof idea for the G6, and then a mix of the G6 and V20 body for the V30, which would have a removable battery. I was reading an article on it, but that was just an idea they had.
    03-21-2017 06:40 AM
588 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD